This post has 119 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 10:07 AM

Trying to keep this on top

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 12:14 PM

Rino M. Dattilo:
Calling Martin Potter ....... Any news with our reports?

It looks like there is an issue with the Copy Bible Verses service that is unrelated to your issue that will be fixed in an future update.

Unfortunately, I do not have an update on your issue at this time. The dump of the services and the find command show what I would expect and the Replace with Passage service should be working given that information, but based on the logs, for some reason it is still attempting to launch something other than the application.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 12:46 PM

Martin,

First, thank you for working on this and please keep it up :)

Just a question and I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Why is the Logos folder in the /library/applicationsupport still say Logos 4?

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 1:23 PM

Rino M. Dattilo:
Just a question and I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Why is the Logos folder in the /library/applicationsupport still say Logos 4?

On Mac it will always be Logos4. On Windows this was switch to just Logos with Logos 5 if you did not have a copy of Logos 4 previously installed, but we do not have an installer on Mac, which is what sets the install location.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 27556
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 1:57 PM

Rino M. Dattilo:
Why is the Logos folder in the /library/applicationsupport still say Logos 4?

Martin didn't answer this question directly, but the answer is long and technical. They <should> have simply gone with "Logos" in the beginning, but by the time the issue was caught, it was too late... so we will be stuck with a folder named "Logos 4" for the foreseeable future. Not really a big issue, but kinda annoying. Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 2:25 PM

Thank BAMA24!

Now to pray that they will find the service issue. It was working for me in Logos 6.4 and Yosemite, but even on my clean install on a new Macbook I cannot get it to work. Already addressed in this post but anyway, Logos4 it is.

Posts 422
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 4:16 PM

Rino,

I may have found a way around until this is resolved.  If you type in the passage, then hit the return key, then go back up to the passage, highlight the passage and go to services and replace text works for me.  Maybe it will work for you.

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 4:27 PM

Lewis! You had me happy for a moment but alas, it did not work for me. Thank you though!

Posts 422
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 4:43 PM

Rino,

I'm sorry it didn't work for you. Hopefully they will soon get this fixed!

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 4:57 PM

Rino M. Dattilo:
Lewis! You had me happy for a moment but alas, it did not work for me. Thank you though!

Can you please enable logging, start Logos, select some text in your favorite word processor (or TextEdit) and try the "Replace with Passage" service. After it fails, can you please collect your logs with the Logging Utility and attach them? I would like to verify that your issue is the same as the logs statements that were posted earlier.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 12 2015 5:20 PM

Martin I followed your directions and here is the file. Now the logging utility kept telling me I needed to restart logos. I did the terminal command and I did get "1" telling me it was enabled. So I hope this worked. 

3058.LogosLogs.rinodattilo.20151012-171009.zip

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 5:51 AM

Rino M. Dattilo:
Martin I followed your directions and here is the file. Now the logging utility kept telling me I needed to restart logos. I did the terminal command and I did get "1" telling me it was enabled. So I hope this worked. 

Yes, you did it correctly; the restart message will show if Logos is running when you run the Logging Utility since you must restart if you change the enabled setting and it can't currently query what the value was when Logos was started.

Looking at your logs, it appears that you are running the Beta of 10.11 (10.11.1) which as Steve noted earlier seems to have problems with services. In your Console log, you will notice it is filled with tons of these internal service exceptions:

2015-10-12 17:09:49 Rinos-MacBook SandboxedServiceRunner[675] <Error>: assertion failed: 15B30a: libxpc.dylib + 23599 [3E09C275-A33B-357A-B0AB-A2DDF88EC9D5]: 0x13

Hopefully they will fix what they broke with the 10.11.1 Betas before it goes stable, or if it was an intentional change, they will document what changes need to be made to our service advertising.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 13 2015 8:49 PM

Martin,

The only reason I put the bet of 10.11 on was to see if it fixed the issue. I have never had success with anything past Logos 6.4 and Mac 10.11.

Just FYI

Posts 303
LogosEmployee
Martin Potter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 11:37 AM

Rino M. Dattilo:
The only reason I put the bet of 10.11 on was to see if it fixed the issue. I have never had success with anything past Logos 6.4 and Mac 10.11.

I was responding to the logs you had posted, rather than leaving it with no response. Unfortunately, having installed the 10.11.1 beta, I can no longer tell why you were having the issue previously since it does not work at all and fills your logs with the exceptions that I posted.

Mac Developer
Faithlife

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2015 11:41 AM

Thanks for that Martin - when we go golden on both builds lets see then?

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 4:35 PM

Martin, just FYI no luck on the latest beta build from Apple. 

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 1:35 AM

Rino M. Dattilo:

Martin, just FYI no luck on the latest beta build from Apple. 

Confirmed.  :-(

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 10:28 PM

O MY! I think its working!! Martin, can you update us. When I first invoked it, it asked for word services.

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 12:46 AM

O MY! I think you're wrong - same old same old for me.

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2015 8:40 AM

Mike,

I updated to the latest build of 10.11.1 (GM) and then Logos beta.4. Now the service reads different. Does yours say, (logos)?

Page 4 of 6 (120 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS