Some History

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 56 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:21 PM

There was a change in the way the boxes looked for Series X but I don't know if there was a change in content.

LOGOS Series X Bible Study Library

English Bibles:

New International Version, New Living Translation, New American Standard Bible – 1995 Update, English Standard Version, New King James Version,
International Standard Version – New Testament, New Revised Standard Version, The Message, New Century Version, American Standard Version, Good News Translation, King James Version, Darby Bible 1890 , Young’s Literal Translation,
King James Version – Apocrypha,

Language Tools:

Enhanced Strong’s Lexicon, NAS Greek Dictionary, NAS Hebrew Dictionary, Dictionary of Biblical Languages (Aramaic OT), Dictionary of Biblical Languages (Greek NT), Dictionary of Biblical Languages (Hebrew OT), Tense, Voice, Mood

Introductions:

A General Introduction to the Bible, Survey of Old Testament Introduction, Introducing the Old Testament,
Introducing the New Testament,

Bible Commentaries:

IVP Bible Background Commentary: New Testament, Bible Knowledge Commentary, Teacher’s Commentary, Bible Exposition Commentary, Commentary Critical & Explanatory on the Whole Bible (JFB), Be Available (Judges), Be Comforted (Isaiah), Be Committed (Ruth & Esther), Be Decisive (Jeremiah), Be Determined (Nehemiah), Be Holy (Leviticus), Be Obedient (Abraham), Be Patient (Job), Be Satisfied (Ecclesiastes), Be Skillful (Proverbs), Be Strong (Joshua), Life of Christ, St. Paul the Traveler and Roman Citizen, Matthew Henry’s Commentary on the Bible, Why Four Gospels?,

Topical Bibles:

New Topical Textbook, New Nave’s Topical Bible,

Bible Outlines:

Wiersbe’s Expository Outlines on the New Testament, Wiersbe’s Expository Outlines on the Old Testament, Old Testament Survey Series: The Books of History, Old Testament Survey Series: The Major Prophets
Old Testament Survey Series: The Minor Prophets, Old Testament Survey Series: The Pentateuch,
Old Testament Survey Series: The Wisdom Literature and Psalms

Bible Dictionaries:

New Bible Dictionary, Easton’s Bible Dictionary, Harper’s Bible Dictionary, Who’s Who in Christian History

Biblical Studies Tools:

Willmington’s Book of Bible Lists,
Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, NAS Exhaustive Concordance
Hermeneutics: Difficulties in the Bible: Alleged Errors and Contradictions

Bible Maps:

Logos Deluxe Map Set

New Testament Milieu
Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah (Edersheim),
The Temple (Edersheim), Sketches of Jewish Social Life (Edersheim), Bible History: Old Testament (Edersheim), Figures of Speech Used in the Bible (Bullinger), New Manners and Customs of the Bible

Photographs:

Images of the Holy Lands

History of the Church:

Studies in Early Church History

Theology:

Concise Theology (Packer), Systematic Theology (Hodge), The Moody Handbook of Theology
Ryrie’s Survey of Bible Doctrine, Institutes of the Christian Religion
Biblical Ethics: Ethics for a Brave New World, The Moral Foundations of Life, Biblical Ethics

Bible Study Training:

How To Study the Bible, Handbook to Bible Study, Diving for Pearls in God’s Treasure Chest, Keys to the Bible’s Treasures

Illustrations:

Encyclopedia of 7,700 Illustrations, Famous Quotations, Great Quotations

Small Group Resources:

Biblical Foundations for Small Group Ministry, Small Group Idea Book, Big Book of Small Groups, Getting Together, Good Things Come in Small Groups,
Seven Myths About Small Groups, Small Group Leaders’ Handbook: The Next Generation, Starting (and Ending) a Small Group

Witnessing:

True Evangelism, Discipleship
Training of the Twelve

Prayer:

Power Through Prayer, Necessity of Prayer,
Prayer: Basic Training, Handbook to Prayer,

Christian Living:

Living a Full Life, Fourfold Gospel

Devotionals:

Morning and Evening, My Utmost for His Highest, Alone with God, Drawing Close to God: The Essentials of a Dynamic Quiet Time, Imitation of Christ

English Language References:

Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus

Parallel Passages Included:

Old Testament Quotes in the New Testament: Analytical Outline of the Books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles, Synopsis of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jude - 2 Peter, Synopsis of the Old Testament, A Harmony of the Gospels, Parallel Passages in the Pastoral Epistles

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:23 PM

Yeah, it won't be very productive but the way we are doing it seems to work very well.

Posts 9097
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:28 PM

Does anyone recognize this or know what version it is? (From ebay.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:39 PM

From what I could find this is a package of 5 different programs.

1. Logos Bible Program
    • King James Version
    • American Standard versions
    •  Nave's Topical Bible
  2. In His Time program - a personal organizer
  3. Bible Crosswords Program - 200 multimedia puzzles
  4. The One-Minute Bible Program - an entry-level devotional tool featuring selected daily readings from the Bible in New International and King James versions
  5. Bible Screen Saver Program
Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:46 PM

Mark A. Smith:

I also found that the Logos Bible software is version 1.6.

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:49 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Looks like 2.0, based on the logo and the font of the title. See here for a more complete image of that cover and http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_2.0_Level_3 for the 2.0 box I'm comparing it to. Looks like it was a bundle they sold which included:

• Logos Family Bible Software
  • Logos Bible Crosswords
  • In His Time for Windows (third party PIM, developed by Colonnade Technologies, Inc.)
  • The One Minute Bible for Windows (third party, developed by either Gospel Films, Inc. or JC Research -- I found it listed both ways in two different places)
  • Logos Bible Screen Saver
Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:52 PM

Mark Watson posted here that he first became a Logos user through this Logos Bible Software Collection. He still has the box. He could probably confirm what version of Logos it was. I'll drop him a note via his forum profile.

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:17 PM

Rosie Perera:

Mark Watson posted here that he first became a Logos user through this Logos Bible Software Collection. He still has the box. He could probably confirm what version of Logos it was. I'll drop him a note via his forum profile.

Rosie,

The Logos User's Guide that came with the box says Version 1.6.

Inside the box was the following:

• a Logos News newspaper dated Summer '95.  - The Latest News and Information from Logos Research Systems, Inc.

The cover page is about the new v2.0

It is 24 pages long and has numerous pieces of interesting history

• a blue covered Logos User's Guide that is 124 pages long
  • an Installation guide and In His Time manual
  • a User's Guide to Logos Bible Crosswords
  • advertisment for Logos Screen Savers Collection(s)
    • God's Little Instruction Book
    • God's Little Instruction Book for Dad
    • God's Little Instruction Book for Mom
    • God's Little Instruction Book for Graduates
    • Excerpts from My Utmost for His Highest
    • How to be an Up Person in a Down World
    • The Wisdom of Proverbs
    • Leadership 101 from John C. Maxwell
    • Don't Wait for Your Ship to Come In...Swim Out to Meet It
    • Bible Trivia
  • Logos Family Bible Software Collection - CD flyer insert with Common questions, messages, and solutions
  • A flyer to upgrade to the Logos Bible Collectiion PLUS Bundle
    • For $59.95 you get
      • The complete NIV text
      • Strong's Enhanced Dictionary
      • The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
    • For only $59.95 more, this upgrade brings the total value of your investment in the "Logos Bible Collection PLUS Bundle" to $379.65 (if you had purchased it all separately!)  All for the price of the NIV alone!
  • a flyer for add-ons to the In His Time software, by Colonnade:
    • My Utmost for His Highest - Oswald Chambers
    • The Heart of the Family - The Heart of the Family
    • The Glory of America - Peter Marshall
      • all three modules for $19.95 +S&H ($14.95 each sold separately)
  • a business repy mail cardboard sleeve and 3.5" disk for the Logos Collection User Registration to be mailed back to Logos
  • and last but certainly not least - a Thank You Note which says the following:
    • "Thank you for purchasing Logos Bible Software.  We hope that you'll find Logos a powerful and useful tool in your regular Bible study.  One of the greatest privileges for all of us who make up Logos Research Systems is the opportunity to work daily with the Word of God and to be used to further its influence and increase its accessibility.  We appreciate your support towards this end and ask that you work with us by telling others about our products when you find them helpful, by being patient with us when, in our humanity, we make mistakes, and by letting us know what tools and services we can provide to enhance your Bible study.  Thanks again for your support.  Logos Research Systems, Inc."

Also, my box is slightly different from the one above.  It has alot more writing under the screen shots and the yellow diamond.

I can scan all of these materials into .pdf form (or another form if needed) for the "history" of Logos if someone wants to post them on the forum or wiki pages.

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:27 PM

Mark Watson:

I can scan all of these materials into .pdf form (or another form if needed) for the "history" of Logos if someone wants to post them on the forum or wiki pages.

Thanks, Mark! No need to scan all these materials. And if the box front is no different from this version which I found online, then no need to scan that either:

Also, can you confirm that what was included in the "Logos Family Bible Software Collection" which you got with this package was the same as what I've listed as coming with Logos 1.6 Bible Software on the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_1.6__Bible_Software

I can't remember whether there were multiple levels of base package for the 1.6 product, but I don't think so.

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:41 PM

Rosie Perera:

Mark Watson:

Thanks, Mark! No need to scan all these materials. And if the box front is no different from this version which I found online, then no need to scan that either:

Also, can you confirm that what was included in the "Logos Family Bible Software Collection" which you got with this package was the same as what I've listed as coming with Logos 1.6 Bible Software on the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_1.6__Bible_Software

I can't remember whether there were multiple levels of base package for the 1.6 product, but I don't think so.

Rosie,  this is the same box.  I went to your link for the wiki and the blue Logos User's Guide is different.  The CD ROM contained ASV 1901, KJV, and Nave's Topical.  The Logos Family Bible Software did not have the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, cross references, and the Enhanced Strong's Greek and Hebrew Lexicon, or the NIV.

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 9:53 PM

Mark Watson:

Rosie,  this is the same box.  I went to your link for the wiki and the blue Logos User's Guide is different.  The CD ROM contained ASV 1901, KJV, and Nave's Topical.  The Logos Family Bible Software did not have the Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, cross references, and the Enhanced Strong's Greek and Hebrew Lexicon, or the NIV.

Thanks. I've added a separate entry for this collection in the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_(1.6)__Bible_Software_Collection

Posts 120
Mark Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:00 PM

Rosie Perera:

Mark Watson:

Thanks. I've added a separate entry for this collection in the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_(1.6)__Bible_Software_Collection

Rosie, I think a few people might be interested in the "newspapers" that Logos used to print and send out with their product.  They have interesting employee stories, and news of how Logos is spreading around the world.  Does Logos have copies of the archived?  This was way before they went blogging, tweeting, etc.

Posts 18712
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:21 PM

Mark Watson:

Rosie, I think a few people might be interested in the "newspapers" that Logos used to print and send out with their product.  They have interesting employee stories, and news of how Logos is spreading around the world.  Does Logos have copies of the archived?  This was way before they went blogging, tweeting, etc.

Feel free to scan it and add it to the wiki yourself. I only volunteered to do the product lists. I've already gone way beyond how much time I could afford to spend on the Logos History stuff. It's really their responsibility to keep archives like that, I think. And I'm sure they have them all archived at their offices, just not online anywhere, as far as I know. However if users want to help them out, we are more than welcome to.

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:01 AM

Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:16 AM

Logos 2.0 Level 4

KJV

NIV

ASV

NASB

RSV

NRSV

NKJV