I'm new here...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:00 AM

Hello everybody,

I have been an avid reader of the forum since purchasing Logos 4 Mac, and it has been very helpful. So, I decided I'd get more involved. I'm introducing myself. Hi. I'm Devin. I'm 30, married, and I am a Master of Divinity student at Moody Theological Seminary in Chicago. I use Logos every time I write a paper, do my devotions, or prepare a sermon. I bought Logos 3 for my Mac in August, only to see the release of 4 shortly thereafter. I have upgraded, in good faith that Logos 4 Mac will be as functional as the Windows version. (Something Logos 3 Mac never achieved). So far, the progress is encouraging.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a blessed day, and I look forward to learning alongside everyone in this forum.

C Devin Chaulk

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:17 AM

Welcome!

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 12:54 PM

Welcome, Christopher! Now if you can just come to Delaware and kindly retrieve ALL of your snow.......I relocated to Delaware, from Michigan, a few years ago and easily warmed to weather because typically get less than 15 inches of snow. However, in the last 5 days we've gotten about 52 inches. So, once again Christopher....please come and get your snow!

With regards to Logos, you will love the program and it's great that you decided to upgrade. The forums are absolutely wonderful and you'll get a lot of great advice, and laughs. At times, it seems as if I'm the only person in Delaware using this software so the forums have been a life saver for me. 

Take care and have a blessed weekend. Now I must figure out how to shovel my roof!

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 4710
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 1:05 PM

Make a basket ball sized snowball and throw it at the ridge. As it rolls down it will shovel your roof for you. Be sure to stand where you can catch it on the way down. 

As you say - these fori are full of helpful advice.

Tootle pip

Mike

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 1:34 PM

Christopher Devin Chaulk:
I have upgraded, in good faith that Logos 4 Mac will be as functional as the Windows version. (Something Logos 3 Mac never achieved). So far, the progress is encouraging.
I am here at MacWorld 2010.  Logos is THE ONLY Bible software company here, so I can tell you we are committed to Logos and our future on Mac!!!

Blessings brother and welcome to the forums.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 1:41 PM

Joe Miller:
I am here at MacWorld 2010.  Logos is THE ONLY Bible software company here, so I can tell you we are committed to Logos and our future on Mac!!!

Cool.  We need photos of the exhibition hall--especially the Logos booth!

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 2778
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 5:59 PM

Todd Phillips:

Joe Miller:

Cool.  We need photos of the exhibition hall--especially the Logos booth!

here it is at the end of the day...

I have been tweeting some updates as well :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 6:07 PM

Welcome to the forum Devin.

Joe, Thanks for the picture.  Following your tweets.  What a way to start with a great company!

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:06 PM

Christina,

I decided to wave the snow on as it passed us by. Sorry about that. But not before it dumped about 12 inches on us. I know, a mere foot. In any case, I have some friends in the Wilmington, Delaware area. I love Delaware!

C Devin

Posts 5
Adam Cronk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:31 PM

Hey Devin!

Good to see you on the forums as well as in class! There is so much support here it is grrrrrrrrrreat. (Tony the tiger!)

-Adam

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:23 PM

Christopher Devin Chaulk:

Christina,

I decided to wave the snow on as it passed us by. Sorry about that. But not before it dumped about 12 inches on us. I know, a mere foot. In any case, I have some friends in the Wilmington, Delaware area. I love Delaware!

C Devin

Lol...Lol....Big Smile And yea, we are getting another 6 inches on Monday night!  I haven't been off my street since Tuesday evening, so guess I'm on my way out to throw the snowball unto my roof! Yes

Have a blessed evening!

Christina

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:27 PM

Mike Binks:

Make a basket ball sized snowball and throw it at the ridge. As it rolls down it will shovel your roof for you. Be sure to stand where you can catch it on the way down. 

As you say - these fori are full of helpful advice.

Tootle pip

Mike

I actually wanted to get on the roof, but my husband says "that's not a good idea." Guess his logic is based on something like safety....go figure!  CryingI just can't believe that  I have to consider ways to shovel my roof in what once was sunny Delaware. But since there is now snow in 49 states, guess I better stop complaining. 

Have an awesome Sunday!

Christina

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 6:54 AM

Cronk!

Good to see you too! This forum is a blessing. Really helping me to learn the new product. Hope your Valentine's Day was a blast! See you Thursday.

D.

Posts 7
Lauren M. Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 1:52 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Devin. Your description... "I'm a Master of Divinity student at Moody Theological Seminary in Chicago" caught my eye. I'm attending the newly-grafted-in Moody Theological Seminary in Michigan (formerly Michigan Theological Seminary). 'Looking forward to the learning process and expansion of Mac features. Take care - and God's best to you in your studies and your experience with this cool tool!

Posts 117
C Devin Chaulk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 10:49 AM

Lauren,

Welcome to the Moody family! I'm excited for what MTS-Michigan will do to expand Moody's name and ministry.

C Devin

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS