ctrl F window can obscure findings

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 13 2010 5:48 AM

I notice frequently that the "ctrl F" window obscures the word/verse one is searching for.  Is there any possibility that in future releases this will be rectified?  Because it hangs down over the highlighted find:

I think allowing the beginning of the verse to show just below the box would be ideal:

Thank you!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 7:27 AM

While this doesn't correct the problem, it is a work-around:  If you have the locator bar bar displayed (Ctrl+Shift+L or select if from the arrow menu by the book cover in your picture above), it adds a bar that moves the text down, so it won't be covered up by the Find bar...  I keep the locator bar on for all my resources - just a personal preference.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 8:02 AM

Tom Geswein:

While this doesn't correct the problem, it is a work-around:  If you have the locator bar bar displayed (Ctrl+Shift+L or select if from the arrow menu by the book cover in your picture above), it adds a bar that moves the text down, so it won't be covered up by the Find bar...  I keep the locator bar on for all my resources - just a personal preference.

Tom, this works just fine, thanks!  I suppose we could quibble about having to have the locator pane showing, but it works for me.  Actually, at least in books, I have liked the locator pane.  I didn't in L3, but have in L4.  I didn't even realize (Embarrassed) that you could turn it on and off (should have known that, from L3 days).  Your suggestion helped me discover how to do that.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS