Upcoming Trip to Israel

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 185
Steve Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2015 2:29 PM

My wife and I are traveling to Israel next month for an eight day tour. I'm taking a PC so I can access Logos for background stuff. What Logos resources should I bookmark for use there? Also, what do you recommend I review in advance?

Personal background: Baptist pastor of small central Texas church, M.Div. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; D.Min. from George W. Truett Seminary (Baylor campus).

Pastor, rural Baptist church

Notebook: Dell Precision 4400; Core 2 Duo, 2.5gh; 8Gb RAM; NVIDIA FX 770M w/ 512Mb; Win7 Pro 64-bit; Novabench 510; WEI 5.9

Netbook: MSI Wind 12: Novabench 198; WEI 3.1

Posts 565
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 2:51 PM

I'm sure you will remember this trip for a very long time. My wife and I went in 2009. A lot depends on your guide. Be cause of our guide, we got access to a number of places not usually visit. We got to go to an active dig at Geshur in norther eastern end of the Sea of Galilee. We also attended a worship service of a Palestinian Christian church in Bethlehem. I found Galilee the most interesting portion of the trip. Do as much background reading as you can on the Old and New Testament names for the same places. If you can, visit the synagogue in Gamla. You will actually be standing where Jesus stood, not 12 inches above where he would have been.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS