Chords and Choir Helps on Confidence Monitor in Proclaim

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 10
BikerPilot | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 28 2015 5:27 AM

Our church is starting a new praise choir and the leader comes from a church that used a different presentation software.  The other software allowed for chords and symbols for the choir that indicated how their inflection should change on certain songs.  

The choir is wanting things likt -// or -/- to be displayed on the confidence monitor, but not on the monitor with the slides.  It was also discussed having the notes or chords display on the confidence monitor as well.

Is this part of the roadmap for Proclaim?  Or functionality that could be added?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 7:07 AM

Thanks for the feedback NX4Life, we've heard this one a few times. Confidence output improvements are on our short list so we'll definitely keep this feedback in mind. 

Posts 5
Andy Eubanks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:21 AM

+1 on this request, our worship team keeps asking to change applications because they really want this option.  Any estimate to how soon it may be slated to be added?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 8:34 AM

We can't commit to a date but confidence monitor improvements have been our most requested feature as of late so I don't expect it to be too far off.

Posts 1
Robert Searle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2019 4:50 PM

So This was posted over three years ago. Why don't you have the ability to add chords and other notes to the confidence monitor?

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2019 8:51 AM

Robert Searle:

So This was posted over three years ago. Why don't you have the ability to add chords and other notes to the confidence monitor?

Hi Robert, sorry for the misleading comment in 2015. We have done a round of improvements to the confidence output since then but showing chords didn't make the cut. It is however still on our list of future improvements.

Posts 3
Michael Stocklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 29 2019 6:33 PM

The same for me. We love Proclaim but this may be the thing that moves us to another product.
Please bring this feature to the top as soon as you can!

Posts 5
Alexander Spear | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:18 PM

I can see some improvements (altough they rolled out without any instructions) but this still isn't an option.  I've been waiting three plus years for this.  Time for an annual renewal, but like others I'm seriously considering a change.  Guitar chords are a must have ASAP.   It's been requested for years guys.  come on...

Posts 1072
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 2:49 PM

For a long time I’ve thought I wanted the same thing, but I think I’ve changed my mind recently. There’sa particular scenario I’m uncomfortable with, and I’d love to hear how you might overcome this if it happened.

i don’t know about your church, but our slide guy gets it wrong sometimes. If you’re leading and dependent on the confidence monitor and it’s wrong, how do you recover?

If you have your own music and the slide guy is wrong, you carry on, anyone in the church who has the song memorized stays with you, the slide guy realizes his error and catches up. But if you’re dependent on the slides, you can get into a serious bind.

If the slide doesn’t change  or it goes to the wrong section, what do you do to keep going?  If you have your song memorized or your music in front of you, then you’ve made the confidence monitor redundant.  If you don’t have some kind of backup, then when this problem invariably happens, you’re kind of stuck, and that could lead to a disaster.

If you’ve thought it through and have a good solution, I’d love to hear it. For now I think I’ve given this up as a good idea.

Posts 23175
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 3:00 PM

Interesting point, William.

I think this functionality would be useful to have in Proclaim but I think you make some very valid points here.

And I was discussing this with one of our worship leaders some weeks ago and he was very clear that he wanted to have / to be in control of his own music.

Posts 708
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 10:29 PM

Here is some info about the confidence changes: https://support.faithlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007374831-Confidence-Output-Monitors

As for Chords, those are coming soon! We are changing around how songs work within Proclaim to integrate better with Faithlife Music. This will require us to migrate songs in the back end (should be seamless to the user) but brings with it some new features.

How’s this look? This is from my group that has already been migrated:

If you want, once we start the migration process I can do your group towards the front so you can get it sooner!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 3
Michael Stocklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2020 6:57 AM

YES, Please!

Posts 1
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 27 2020 5:45 PM

How is this possible? Currently, I am using Proclaim, Planning center, and CCLI Song Select. If there is a way for me to import Song Select's Chord Pro format right into Proclaim as a song with optional key adjustments, Proclaim might just become the most important and useful tool in our system. I can manually turn songs into individual slides, and manually add chords into "notes" for each page, but that is a painstaking task, and it is also bound to a specific key. You should really look into chord pro format integration! Thank you!

Posts 8
Anthony Delgado | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 28 2020 5:46 PM

I'm interested in this as well. January post said, "Coming soon" and no update in April. 

Posts 120
LogosEmployee
Brandon Adent (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 29 2020 2:38 PM

Glad to hear there is still interest in this feature. It's still a high priority for us and we are looking to get it wrapped up in the near future.

Posts 1
New Hope | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:16 PM

This feature would be amazing! Our worship team is requesting this. Is there way we can get notified when this feature gets added in? Thank you!

Posts 1072
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2020 11:59 AM

This feature is one consideration that may have us switch to Proclaim. I'd love a chance to preview it while on my trial.

Posts 1
KEVIN LORANCE | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 23 2020 9:02 PM

Is there any kind of estimated time frame in which we can expect this function? For a post that's almost 5 years old, repeated instances of "we're working on it" is a pretty frustrating response. Churches are paying good money for this software and I for one would appreciate knowing if it's coming soon or if the wait is going to be so long that we need to reexamine our options. 

Posts 6
Bob Caldrone | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2020 9:49 PM

Jordan, this Confidence monitor feature is exactly what I (and obviosly many other Proclaim users) are asking for. My church has been using MediaShout for 5+ years, and I'm able to create chord charts for the "Stage" screen in MediaShout. Recent "upgrades" have me looking for an alternative to MediaShout. I just downloaded a trial version of Proclaim to try it out. However, not having the ability to fully customize the Confidence monitor output is a deal breaker for me. You obviously have the ability to do what we're asking for. Please advise if, and exactly when, this feature will be rolled out.  

Posts 708
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 17 2020 3:59 PM

We had some delays, but are looking at beginning this rollout with the next few weeks! 

Bob Caldrone:
However, not having the ability to fully customize the Confidence monitor output is a deal breaker for me. You obviously have the ability to do what we're asking for.

Are you referring specifically about the chords here? I ask because we have fairly custom confidence monitor support!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS