Annoying: Instant indexing while tagging

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 21
Marc van Eijden | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 1:58 AM

For some unknown reason to me (hence my writing), when I am adding a tag to a resource, Logos 6 (OS X) immediately indexes the resource (though quickly) and looses the place where I was tagging, and I have to scroll back to it. And if I want to add another tag to the same resource, I have to find the resource first. :-(

Now, while writing this, I guess it is because I have sorted my resources according my tags and not according title or author. BUT the purpose of sorting according to tags is to be able to tag untagged resources, right? (And if I remember well, it didn't do this in L5 or at the beginning of L6.)

So it would be nice if L6 could just wait indexing and sorting right away. Why not add a button to do indexing manually and not automatic? Yes I like to reclaim some freedom! :-) Even if I understand the logic behind the automatic indexing, it is annoying and to quite a few people. 

Posts 63
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:10 AM

I am having the same problem - very frustrating. If only I can disable indexing!

Posts 9200
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 11:43 AM

Tony Lim:

I am having the same problem - very frustrating. If only I can disable indexing!

I think your problem is different. We're still waiting for a response from you here before we can proceed with diagnosing this issue: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/115140/766834.aspx#766834 

Fixed link: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/115140/766834.aspx#766834 

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 3:11 PM

Marc van Eijden:
So it would be nice if L6 could just wait indexing and sorting right away. Why not add a button to do indexing manually and not automatic?

You could put this into UserVoice.

You could minimise the effect if you also filtered Library by another field e.g. myrating:<2.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 21
Marc van Eijden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 1:30 AM

I did :-)

Posts 27986
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2015 1:40 AM

Marc van Eijden:

I did :-)

By "minimise" I meant you don't have so many resources to look through e.g if you filter by a Rating: that applies to the newly tagged resource(s)

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS