TDNT no longer linked properly in Logos Bible Software 6.6 SR-1

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 9:09 AM

I have been having this issue for a few weeks and am unsure how to fix it.

TDNT no longer shows up when I right click a word and scroll down for definitions. BDAG, LSJ, and others appear since I do have them set for priority, but TDNT has disappeared. TDNT is prioritized in my books, it is my first go to dictionary for Greek words.

Not only is it gone from the right click, but also in my exegetical guide. It still shows TDNT as the first choice, but no definitions, it is blank for every single word.

Please note that TDNT is still prioritized and it is still in my library as I can open the book.

TDNT and BDAG are the only two dictionaries I have prioritized and neither is set to any limits under advanced settings.

Any ideas on how to get TDNT back on my links for exegetical and right click?

Posts 9109
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 12:15 PM

Christopher S Macy:
Any ideas on how to get TDNT back on my links for exegetical and right click?

I just tried prioritizing the TDNT and it shows up when I right click on a Greek word and choose lemma. So it doesn't seem anything in the program is broken.

Have you tried to take TDNT off your prioritized list, then put it back on? That is the only idea I can come up with.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 25112
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 2:51 PM

Christopher S Macy:
Not only is it gone from the right click, but also in my exegetical guide. It still shows TDNT as the first choice, but no definitions,

You know that TDNT won't appear in the context menu for every Greek word; which reflects its "Theological" nature? TDNT doesn't show definitions in EG because it doesn't have a field "Gloss Text" (but you should see its text when you hover over the link).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 66
Christopher S Macy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 3:38 PM

Thank you Mark, removing it did the trick! it now shows up on both areas again. What a simple fix. You are the man!

Posts 9109
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 4:19 PM

Christopher S Macy:
What a simple fix. You are the man!

Only a hunch. Glad it worked for you.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS