6.7 Beta 1 (6.7.0.0007) available

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 29 2015 2:51 PM

6.7 Beta 1 (6.7.0.0007) is available for download. 

To update to 6.7 Beta 1, enter the Update Now command if you’ve switched to the beta channel before. If you currently have a stable version installed (such as 6.6 SR-1) and do not want to receive future beta updates, install from the download links on this thread. If you want to receive future beta updates, enter the Set Update Channel to Beta command to download Beta 1.

Release Notes

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 5:01 PM

Visual Filter

Added new visual filter “Sympathetic search results”.

• Similar to Sympathetic Highlighting, this filter will show Search hits in all open reverse-interlinear enabled Bibles when searching one of them.
  • Sympathetic search results works when the search is run from a search panel, but not from an inline search.
  • It is not enabled by default, and is only an option in word numbered resources (e.g. original language Bibles or modern Bibles with reverse interlinears).
  • Sympathetic search results only show in resources that weren’t included in the search (i.e. searching All Resources won’t show sympathetic search results)

This is working and looks interesting.

Context Menu

Added new Context Menu commands that add the ability to highlight a whole phrase and open a Morph search for the string of lemmas or a string of lemmas with morphology.

I am not seeing this. Perhaps I need a bit more guidance (or perhaps it isn't implemented yet)?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 5:09 PM

Open the The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition (SBLGNT), select multiple words and then right click.  On the right side of the context menu make sure Selection is selected.  Then under search you should see multiple Morph options.  Click the longer of the two.

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 29 2015 7:41 PM

Steve I can't post screenshots now as my ISP is messing with my Logos connection on my laptop, but here's what I observe. It works on one verse I tried but not on the other three surrounding. 2 Corinthians 1:2 works as you suggest it should. I get no morph options selecting verse 1, verse 3, or verse 4 in that chapter. I haven't checked further. So if I right click on the right verse I'll see the option, otherwise no. Something is amiss.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9205
LogosEmployee

Mark Smith:

Steve I can't post screenshots now as my ISP is messing with my Logos connection on my laptop, but here's what I observe. It works on one verse I tried but not on the other three surrounding. 2 Corinthians 1:2 works as you suggest it should. I get no morph options selecting verse 1, verse 3, or verse 4 in that chapter. I haven't checked further. So if I right click on the right verse I'll see the option, otherwise no. Something is amiss.

This feature works on (short) lemma phrases. There's not really much point in searching for the phrase "Παῦλος ἀπόστολος ⸂Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ⸃ διὰ θελήματος θεοῦ καὶ Τιμόθεος ὁ ἀδελφὸς τῇ ἐκκλησίᾳ τοῦ θεοῦ τῇ οὔσῃ ἐν Κορίνθῳ, σὺν τοῖς ἁγίοις πᾶσιν τοῖς οὖσιν ἐν ὅλῃ τῇ Ἀχαΐᾳ" (or the equivalent lemmas) because you're just going to find that one verse.

Try a short phrase such as "Χριστοῦ Ἰησοῦ" and you can see the difference between a surface text phrase and a lemma "phrase" search.

(The same behaviour has always been present for phrases in the surface text.)

Posts 13428
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 1:18 AM

Do you have plans to add morph phrase searching to the context menu of reverse-interlinears? I would certainly use that, particularly in Hebrew.I appreciate word order makes it tricky, but:

• You could discern word order from the RI, and construct the search so it says lemma:διδάσκαλος BEFORE 2 WORDS lemma:Ἰσραήλ, or whatever.
  • You could perform the search in SBLGNT or NA28, and add the English version to the search results.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 6:44 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
This feature works on (short) lemma phrases.

That's fine and makes perfect sense and works. I'd state that in the description so we'll know not to highlight randomly.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1536
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 8:52 AM

Logos Now

Guides

Added a new Guide section “Confessional Documents”.

• New passage-based section working on various church and conciliar documents and resources that discuss them.

I'm not seeing this section. Is it not yet released? Or where should I be looking for it?

Posts 1476
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 8:58 AM

Fr Devin Roza:
I'm not seeing this section. Is it not yet released? Or where should I be looking for it?

It should be a section in Passage Guide, but my own setup is internal so can't tell what/if the issue might be. If not in your passage guide, let me know, and I'll report it.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1536
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 9:04 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Fr Devin Roza:

It should be a section in Passage Guide, but my own setup is internal so can't tell what/if the issue might be. If not in your passage guide, let me know, and I'll report it.

Thanks, Rick. I don't see it in the Passage Guide, and I can't seem to add it either. 

Posts 1476
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 9:24 AM

Looks like a licensing issue; folks are working on it. I'd say do an update later today and see if it magically appears. I'll try to post back here when I hear it's been resolved.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 1536
Forum MVP
Fr Devin Roza | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 9:41 AM

Thanks, Rick. Much appreciated.

Posts 1476
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 2:19 PM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):
I'll try to post back here when I hear it's been resolved.

I believe this is good to go now. Please let us know if issues continue. Thanks!

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS