Handfuls on Purpose

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 29
Steve A. Boyd | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 5 2015 5:46 AM

I would like to see an old resource that I have used for years added to Logos for purchase. I have the hard copies of "Handfuls on Purpose", but it would be convenient if I could add it to Logos. How do I go about submitting a request to see of there is any interest?

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 6:23 AM

Make this suggestion in the Suggestions forum.

Posts 27673
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 7:19 AM

Fredc:

Make this suggestion in the Suggestions forum.

And provide more details. Who is the author? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 895
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 7:53 PM

This is the wrong place, but I will give the OP the missing info, since I happen to have the set on my shelf. It is a four volume (plus one index volume) set of sermons (they are called outlines, but are almost full manuscripts). Published by Eerdmans, By James Smith and Robert Lee. Original publication 1947. 5 Volume edition (completion?) 1971. They are indexed by Scripture and by Subject within the books themselves. I do not really use other people's sermon outlines, but this might be very valuable in Logos, especially with the Sermon Starter Guide. It will be difficult for Logos to sell, though, because the Kindle version is overwhelmingly cheap, and this would have to be a large project to be useful.

Posts 1826
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 11 2017 8:13 PM

It's finally available on Community Pricing: Handfuls on Purpose. Place your bid and spread the word.

The cool thing is that this set of 2,000+ sermon outlines will leverage our new sermon outlines tagging, which will (1) enable these outlines to show up in a new sermon outlines guide section, (2) allow you to run searches for sermon outlines on particular passages or preaching themes, and (3) allow you to right click and send the outline to a new sermon document.

Posts 1219
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 2 2019 5:23 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

It's finally available on Community Pricing: Handfuls on Purpose. Place your bid and spread the word.

The cool thing is that this set of 2,000+ sermon outlines will leverage our new sermon outlines tagging, which will (1) enable these outlines to show up in a new sermon outlines guide section, (2) allow you to run searches for sermon outlines on particular passages or preaching themes, and (3) allow you to right click and send the outline to a new sermon document.

I stumbled across this excellent resource and I think it's great......I searched across the forum to learn more about the resource and came upon this thread.

Phil, it does not appear that Handfuls on Purpose is integrated in any of the 3 ways you mention above. Am I doing something wrong? I am on my mac.....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS