Should the NET Bible Noteless be included?

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 29 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2015 6:25 AM

Just thought I'd jump in here and report what I am seeing. When I go to the  bottom of the product page (https://www.logos.com/product/4468/the-net-bible) I am currently being shown that I own the NET Bible and the NET Bible First Edition Notes, but NOT the NET Bible First Edition (Noteless). The top of the page says I qualify for a 100% discount based on products I already own. I have the option to buy the product for free, which would add the Noteless Edition.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I added it to my cart and bought it. Noteless Edition added to my library for free. Thank you Faithlife!

Posts 29347
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2015 7:00 AM

Matthew:
The top of the page says I qualify for a 100% discount based on products I already own. I have the option to buy the product for free, which would add the Noteless Edition.

This behavior is new as of today. Thanks for pointing it out.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2015 8:20 AM

The screenshot that Matthew (above forum post) posted is the answer. Smile

I was waiting for Faithlife to respond with an official answer, as that would have been more appropriate than for me to post the answer given to me.

The Thanks goes to:

Zachary (of Faithlife) for spearheading the effort to get this resolved.

Faithlife Marketing for implement the change.

Faithlife for allowing this to take place.

And to da (permissions director for the publisher) for chiming in.

Thank you All. Big Smile

I think we can set this issue/question to rest, and count it as resolved.

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2015 12:18 PM

Matthew:

Just thought I'd jump in here and report what I am seeing. When I go to the  bottom of the product page (https://www.logos.com/product/4468/the-net-bible) I am currently being shown that I own the NET Bible and the NET Bible First Edition Notes, but NOT the NET Bible First Edition (Noteless). The top of the page says I qualify for a 100% discount based on products I already own. I have the option to buy the product for free, which would add the Noteless Edition.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity I added it to my cart and bought it. Noteless Edition added to my library for free. Thank you Faithlife!

I just had a similar experience with Matthew above.

The Noteless Edition is being indexed now.

Thank you for this thread and thank you Faithlife.

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 15 2015 3:55 PM

Alexxy Olu:

I just had a similar experience with Matthew above.

The Noteless Edition is being indexed now.

Me too.

Alexxy Olu:
Thank you for this thread and thank you Faithlife.

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 274
Average Joe | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 11:35 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I just noticed that I can get the NET Bible (which I already own) for $0 with dynamic pricing. I found this thread and, from what I gather, this is the noteless version whereas the version I already own includes notes.

My question is: Is there any benefit to downloading this noteless version of NET? It doesn't seem to me that there is, but I figured I'd ask in cas I am missing something.

Posts 3300
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2016 12:19 PM

Now if we can get it setup with an interlinear/ morphology- life would be greatBig Smile

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 4:07 AM

Whyndell Grizzard:

Now if we can get it setup with an interlinear/ morphology- life would be greatBig Smile

You can vote for it here: 

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6342637-add-net-reverse-interlinear-for-ot-and-nt 

Posts 3300
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 7:00 AM

Schumitinu:

Whyndell Grizzard:

You can vote for it here: 

https://logos.uservoice.com/forums/42823-logos-bible-software-6/suggestions/6342637-add-net-reverse-interlinear-for-ot-and-nt 

Yes I have done that- but it just isn'y happening fast enoughSad

Posts 5238
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 20 2016 4:33 PM

Frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would want the noteless NET. I consider it to be about on par with the Message, which is a bit ironic since the NET's notes are some of the best found anywhere, particularly for a quick overview of pertinent textual issues. But the NET translation committee never met an emendation they didn't like. There isn't the slightest hesitancy in preferring a complete change of letters and words in the original text. The good thing is that they usually fully explain what the reasons for doing or not doing it are. I appreciate that about the notes, but I disagree with their choices for the NET text far more than half of the time (or at least it seems that way, even if it's only 20-30% of the time).

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS