Open pdf or word file or webpage in Logos 4

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:31 PM

Floyd Johnson:
 I realize I may be in the minority in how I have to work, but integration would serve me better than a second screen.

In case you didn't click on the animation I posted earlier: Portable WiFi netbook with 2 ten-inch screens.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 35558
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 9:39 PM

John R. Seaton:
Will you add the ability to open a window in Logos 4 so that you may read a pdf, or Word file, or a webpage?

I have a number of pfd's and Word files attached as favorites. With carefully chosen window sizes I can get close enough to "in-program" reading for my purposes. Have you played with this possibility?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 2:54 AM

MJ. Smith:

John R. Seaton:
Will you add the ability to open a window in Logos 4 so that you may read a pdf, or Word file, or a webpage?

I have a number of pfd's and Word files attached as favorites. With carefully chosen window sizes I can get close enough to "in-program" reading for my purposes. Have you played with this possibility?

i have, and it is a workable possibility, but only because we don't have integration.  they still sit "on top of" other windows.

MJ, you need to start a blog or something about all the researching and things you do.  I would like to find out a little more about that: topics of interest, how "good" stuff is you find online, etc.  I don't know now that we can talk about all these things on this forum, now that RULES have been put in place and users are all to quick to keep pointing people to them . . . related to my "wish" is that I need to figure out the Reading List thing.  I looked at it early on in L4, but it wasn't something that grabbed me right away and I have just ignored it.  I see you invest a ton of time with it.  Anyway, blessings and peace to you.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 4:06 AM

I really appreciate all of your ideas here. I agree with Rosie about the use of other programs. I found it very well working as I have icon on the Logos 4 tool bar of the Czech Bible Program (Davar 3) with all the Czech Bibles available (since Logos still do not have them). and when I need to use it, I just go to the tool bar and click the icon. Sometimes I almost forget it is not part of Logos. Don't tell Bob however it works so well because he might slower down working on Czech Bibles to get them to Logos Wink

Of course the reason for having all the different pbb files and probably pdf files in Logos would be to have them indexed and with Bible references working (if not all other ones). To have it just open those files in Logos would be like having the option of opening the Internet pages in the program. Who would use it? Firefox does it so well for me.

Bohuslav

Posts 13
Agnes Brady | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 11:48 AM

You are not the only one who "doesn't have an office." As a rural pastor, I often have to provide for any "pastor's study" space at the manse as well as provide all the equipment. As such, I don't have the money to be duplicating resources. I do use PDF files in my personal devotions (denominational documents) as well as ocassionally in my sermon preps. It would be nice to be able to not only have "open PDF documents" sitting there but to also be able to search them, make links between them and Logos materials and integrate notes on all them within my Logos materials. There may be an easy way of doing this, but if so, I don't know it. (For example, among the PDF I use regularly are our denominational constituional documents -- both governance and confessional.)

Agnes Brady

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 14 2011 12:08 PM

Agnes Brady:

You are not the only one who "doesn't have an office." As a rural pastor, I often have to provide for any "pastor's study" space at the manse as well as provide all the equipment. As such, I don't have the money to be duplicating resources. I do use PDF files in my personal devotions (denominational documents) as well as ocassionally in my sermon preps. It would be nice to be able to not only have "open PDF documents" sitting there but to also be able to search them, make links between them and Logos materials and integrate notes on all them within my Logos materials. There may be an easy way of doing this, but if so, I don't know it. (For example, among the PDF I use regularly are our denominational constituional documents -- both governance and confessional.)

There are three options here. One is to copy/paste material into Logos notes. This makes it searchable, but you won't be able to link between them. Another is to wait for the Sermon File/Illustration add-in and put them in there as if they were sermons or illustrations (don't sync them to the Logos server, of course). This is a bit of a cludge. The third best way (since it conforms most closely to the design of the add-ins), would be to wait for the PBB add-in to be ready and use that, but there will be a cost with the last two.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 9

Hi Richard, looking back at past posts and other formums, it seems that PBB (Personal Book Builder) is going to take a long long time... Or ins't it?

I would love to link all my sermons, study-notes, colourings (Youthwork), pictures, etc. to my Logos 4, but will PBB be able to do this?

Any estimates when PBB will be available?

Is it a good idea to download it anyway from websites that do provide this software (or at least, say that they do)?

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 18 2011 3:05 AM

Hi Erik

Erik & Willeke van der Woude:
Any estimates when PBB will be available?

Bob advised a couple of days ago that they are actively working on it but can't commit to a date - http://community.logos.com/forums/p/5924/221549.aspx#221549

Graham

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS