Encyclopedia Britannica Update

Page 8 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last »
This post has 336 Replies | 25 Followers

Posts 961
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:13 AM

FWIW

The resource is essentially complete. We've been finishing up some cosmetic touches and triple checking a few things. Due to its enormous size this has been a lengthier process than I hoped. If all goes well we'll finish those final touches today and it will be available shortly thereafter.

Posts 600
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 8:38 AM

Outstanding! Speaking for many, I'm sure, heartfelt thanks to you, Ben, and the rest of your crew!

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 5:15 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
The resource is essentially complete

Yes

Looking forward to it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 5:22 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Yes

Looking forward to it.

Me too.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 8:53 AM

OK, so it's the last day of August. I'm not throwing in the towel yet because there's a small chance we could actually ship it today. I'll let you know as soon as I know one way or the other.

Thanks!

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 233
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 8:54 AM

My budget would really have no problem with this shipping in September. 

Posts 64
Eric Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 8:57 AM

For many of us, it was paid for last year.  FL has been probably made an estimated  $.12 interest on my money while I have been waiting.

The release is truly going to be exciting for those of us who have been waiting this long.  However, I am still wrestling with the idea that I could be so excited about an encyclopedia.  

Jeez, what a book nerd.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:04 AM

Brian,

Did you pre-order the original EBNE (Compton's) and keep the order? If so, there should be no additional charge.

Posts 273
Greg F | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:14 AM

I was under the understanding that those who ordered EB back when it was actually Comptons and who asked for a refund would also be allowed to put in an order at the original pre-pub price. Is that still the case?

Posts 233
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:14 AM

Hi Ben,

I did have (and explore, delightedly) the original EBNE product.  After a few surprise items in the budget the same month that the encyclopedia shipped, I wound up having to get a refund to help out.  I was able to get my original pre-order reinstated through customer service though, and am very excited for the upcoming EBNE + Compton's. 

:)

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 9:31 AM

Greg F:

I was under the understanding that those who ordered EB back when it was actually Comptons and who asked for a refund would also be allowed to put in an order at the original pre-pub price. Is that still the case?

Correct. You'll need to call customer service to get your pre-pub reinstated.

Brian Losabia:

Hi Ben,

I did have (and explore, delightedly) the original EBNE product.  After a few surprise items in the budget the same month that the encyclopedia shipped, I wound up having to get a refund to help out.  I was able to get my original pre-order reinstated through customer service though, and am very excited for the upcoming EBNE + Compton's. 

:)

Sounds good, Brian. I just wanted to make sure we had you taken care of when it does ship.

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:49 PM

The EBNE resource itself is just about done. However, for a number of reasons, it won't ship for about 2 weeks (we'll put a ship date on the PDP today or tomorrow). Here are the main reasons:

1. It is our practice to give around 2 weeks' notice before we ship a pre-pub. This gives people an opportunity to place a last-minute pre-order; it allows people an opportunity to cancel their pre-order; and it gives people a warning that we are going to charge their credit card.
  2. The people who got a refund when it first shipped and put in a new order at the original pre-pub price will need to be processed as pre-pub orders again.
  3. We can't process only a portion of the pre-pub orders.
  4. We want everyone to have to chance to look the product over and return it if they have concerns or are not happy with it. With all that is going on with the L7 launch, we feel that shipping the product right now would limit the ability of sales and customer service to give each of you the attention you may need.

Thanks again for your patience on this!

Posts 1393
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:51 PM

Crying

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 3:55 PM

Ben Amundgaard:

The EBNE resource itself is just about done. However, for a number of reasons, it won't ship for about 2 weeks (we'll put a ship date on the PDP today or tomorrow). Here are the main reasons:

1. It is our practice to give around 2 weeks' notice before we ship a pre-pub. This gives people an opportunity to place a last-minute pre-order; it allows people an opportunity to cancel their pre-order; and it gives people a warning that we are going to charge their credit card.
  2. The people who got a refund when it first shipped and put in a new order at the original pre-pub price will need to be processed as pre-pub orders again.
  3. We can't process only a portion of the pre-pub orders.
  4. We want everyone to have to chance to look the product over and return it if they have concerns or are not happy with it. With all that is going on with the L7 launch, we feel that shipping the product right now would limit the ability of sales and customer service to give each of you the attention you may need.

Thanks again for your patience on this!

I'm sure most will disagree but this will work awesome for me since I bought 7 this month

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 31 2016 6:40 PM

Thanks for the update, Ben.  Looking forward to it.

Smile

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:19 AM

Not sure I agree with this decision.  I understand the reasoning, but I think this is a special case, considering the flubbed release, then the lengthy delay in prepping the final product.  Oh, well.  I'm sure it'll be worth the (even longer) wait.

Posts 10123
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:34 AM

Well, Paul, technically, we're into not-a-promise period #2. And I expected it.

Britannica (I learned how to spell) is likely to far exceed Logos7 in value. It combines Logosians (us), the Noetians (who still wonder if Noet 7 was a pipe-dream), and of course ... well, I forgot the Catholic one, and the low-brow one (I've no idea what a low brow is).

Addtionally just a single Britannica download may well exceed buying a Portfolio package.  Think 'massive'.

So, I fully understand Logos trying to eake out a few more sales from Logos7, before 'the main event'.

Posts 1493
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:35 AM

I am undecided on this resource. I think it would be neat, but my main concern is academic research - not just personal enlightenment. I have been told all my life that I shouldn't cite a "general" encyclopedia in my academic works. What is everyone's take on this? I certainly feel that the ISBE and AYBD are worthy resources for academic work. What about the Encyclopedia Britannica?

Posts 861
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:37 AM

Paul Strickert:

Not sure I agree with this decision.  I understand the reasoning, but I think this is a special case, considering the flubbed release, then the lengthy delay in prepping the final product.  Oh, well.  I'm sure it'll be worth the (even longer) wait.

Thanks for the feedback. It was definitely a difficult decision and I can totally understand why you disagree. We had to make a decision and in this case we wanted to err on the side of caution.

Posts 10123
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 11:42 AM

Josh, buying books for research citings is tricky.  I got a geology book that was supposed to be new. But not ... someone earlier bought it solely for bibliography-pumping-up. 

So there you go ... don't cite Britannica ... just copy the bibliographies!

I'm joking of course.

Page 8 of 17 (337 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | RSS