Resource Pricing Question

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:04 AM

I apologize if this is a silly question, but I was just wondering how it is that J. Vernon McGee's Through the Bible Commentary is priced at $174.99 while e-sword has the same commentary for only $39.99?  That is quite a price difference.  Obviously I'd prefer to have it for Logos than e-sword so that it integrates with everything else, but that's a tough sell at more than 4x the price.

EDIT - I guess a related question is should I get the McGee LifeWorks collection instead?  It seems that it includes the entire Thru the Bible commentary.  Is there any benefit to getting the $174.99 version instead of the $69.95 collection, especially since the collection also comes with other books?  I can stomach that price, but can't figure out why just the commentary costs so much more than a collection that seems to include said commentary.  Color me confused.

Posts 325
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:18 AM

Apparently e-books from Logos costs much more to produce and support than other publishers that make e-books...

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11593.aspx

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11152.aspx

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:26 AM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:
I guess a related question is should I get the McGee LifeWorks collection instead?  It seems that it includes the entire Thru the Bible commentary.  Is there any benefit to getting the $174.99 version instead of the $69.95 collection, especially since the collection also comes with other books?  I can stomach that price, but can't figure out why just the commentary costs so much more than a collection that seems to include said commentary.  Color me confused.

You're not the only one...see this thread for this very discussion: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10245.aspx

I think this has to do with the publisher, Thomas Nelson, who is always repackaging their resources with a wide variety of price points.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:52 AM

Then I guess the only other question is: Is there any problem if I never owned Logos 3?  It seems the $69.95 collection is a Logos 3 product.  Is that a problem for me as a Logos 4 user?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 10:00 AM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:

Then I guess the only other question is: Is there any problem if I never owned Logos 3?  It seems the $69.95 collection is a Logos 3 product.  Is that a problem for me as a Logos 4 user?

You might have to call Customer service with the serial number to get it unlocked on your account, but other than that you should have no problem using it.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 10:14 AM

Kevin Becker:
You might have to call Customer service with the serial number to get it unlocked on your account, but other than that you should have no problem using it.

Fantastic, thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS