Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 8:13 PM

Kevin Byford (Faithlife):
Prayer lists have been in beta for a few weeks. We don't announce dates of when features will be available or give timelines. If we did and we missed the date or got the timeline wrong for some reason it would not make customers very happy. If you want to keep up to date on the beta information I can send you an invite to the Faithlife App Beta Group - please let me know.

I would like to be a part of the group and I know that it is impossible to know how long some projects will take... I was waiting for the 2005 release date for Libronix Mac when we had the long delay (since the release was actually December 2008). I know you have been making improvements bit by bit and even implementing big things like the prayer lists. It is just frustrating, especially in situations where you loose your connection and suddenly the passage guide you have loaded will not function. I have come to wait a couple minutes after I start the APP and be very careful to make sure I do not click the PG if my iPad has a temporary lost of connection. I realize that the majority of your users likely are in cities with great coverage. I appreciate the problems others feel because of my location in the country, and it at times boils over knowing that many of resources are more or less cut off because of it, when something like BR has offline  guides and look up of original language.

-Dan

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 18 2015 9:01 PM

Dan Francis:
I would like to be a part of the group

You will receive an invite tomorrow.

Dan Francis:
I know that it is impossible to know how long some projects will take...

So I hope you understand why we don't announce timelines for upcoming features.

Dan Francis:
I have come to wait a couple minutes after I start the APP and be very careful to make sure I do not click the PG if my iPad has a temporary lost of connection.

Please send in your logs using Report a Problem.

Dan Francis:
I realize that the majority of your users likely are in cities with great coverage. I appreciate the problems others feel because of my location in the country, and it at times boils over knowing that many of resources are more or less cut off because of it, when something like BR has offline  guides and look up of original language.

In Faithlife terminology a "resource" largely means a "book" (but it might be a video or collection of images which really isn't a book, so we generically use the term "resource" instead). This is why I asked earlier which particular resource cannot be accessed on mobile (some cannot be).  Guides are not considered a "resource" so that's why I misunderstood.

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 19 2015 7:09 AM

In Faithlife terminology a "resource" largely means a "book" (but it might be a video or collection of images which really isn't a book, so we generically use the term "resource" instead). This is why I asked earlier which particular resource cannot be accessed on mobile (some cannot be).  Guides are not considered a "resource" so that's why I misunderstood.

Yes and I keep most of my commentaries/dictionaries on my iPad so I always have access to them, but like most people I can be lazy and want a passage guide to have them ready for me. I appreciate that the majority of my resources are available to me for downloading and using whether I am in airplane mode or I have full strength LTE signal. I also realize for many people with smaller devices the cloud based model is ideal. Faithlife is by far from being the worst Bible software for iOS I just wish improvements could come quicker (which I am sure is your desire too). It as I have said before feels frustrating when BR and ACC iOS apps have moved forward with major leaps and bounds where it feels that FL apps have stood relatively still. I have sent my logs in and I do hope you find something in them to help make the app better or determine my lag issue. 

Dan

Posts 172
Darren peter wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 11:25 AM

i think having a pioneer mindset that looks outside the box to where  the next generation are going , that many are using iPhones iPads now , if i wanted to see increase in sales and growth i would produce a app that works fully offline , why stand back and see competitors move on ,for the sake of a little effort 

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 6:55 PM

Dan Francis:
I would like to be a part of the group

You will receive an invite tomorrow.

I still have not got an email... I went searching through the trash bin just in case....

-Dan

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 7:27 PM

Sorry Dan, I forgot.  I just sent you one.

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS