Posts 1104
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 7:28 AM

Thank you, FaithLife!

Posts 692
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 7:42 AM

Thank you very much indeed!

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:07 AM

Just bought the Ephesians volume. Was trying to see what information I could find on the Jeremiah volumes, as those are the other recently published volumes. I came across this review and wanted to share it in case it helps others make a decision. One takeaway that was important for me was that the Hebrew text in the commentary is unpointed. That may matter less to others, but I thought it was worth noting.

http://commentariesandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/01/review-of-william-mckane-jeremiah-2.html?m=1 

EDIT: Reviewer is Jack R. Lundbom of Cambridge University, for what it is worth.

Posts 2983
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:15 AM

I already have all these, but thank you, Faithlife. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 682
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:46 AM

John Kaess:
I really wish that the three volumes on Matthew and the 2 volumes on Romans were on sale. I'd jump on those without even blinking.

Ditto! But what is offered is very generous! Thank you Faithlife!

Posts 551
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:34 AM

I have the same question as was posted on page 2 of this thread by Paul.. Anyone know??

Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 7:20 AM

If it hadn't have been for the Forums I'd never have known about this sale. Is it like the NIVAC sale that I alerted the Forums to or was it advertised somewhere? I'm signed up for most emails and check the Logis homepage and Blog every day too. Did I miss something or delete something too quickly?
Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 9:49 AM

Thank you Faithlife.

Posts 29347
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 10:04 AM

Paul Caneparo:
If it hadn't have been for the Forums I'd never have known about this sale. Is it like the NIVAC sale that I alerted the Forums to or was it advertised somewhere? I'm signed up for most emails and check the Logis homepage and Blog every day too. Did I miss something or delete something too quickly?

Rodney Phillips:
I have the same question as was posted on page 2 of this thread by Paul.. Anyone know??

Facebook.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 551
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 10:30 AM

uggggg  Forgot Facebook..   Loosing track..

Thanks!

Posts 8037
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 3:36 PM

I only went ahead and got five based on ratings at bestcommentaries.com 

Too bad I. Marshall Howard on the Pastorals was not on sale :(

DAL

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:19 PM

How long will these titles be on sale for?

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2015 8:52 PM

Ronald Quick:

How long will they be on sale?

Matthew:

Does anyone know how long this sale will last?

abondservant:

How long will these titles be on sale for?

Does   ANYONE   know when this sale ends?

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:47 AM

Grateful for the steal! I bought them all and I would encourage anyone interested in the series not to cherry pick but to think longer term with regard to dynamic pricing. Remember that this provides a dynamic pricing discount no only on the series but also on other collections you may want to buy in the future. For instance, the whole series or the NT are contained within a couple Anglican base packages. I clicked on one title I bought and it showed that it was part of a couple SDA packages, etc. 

Thank you, Logos. Much appreciated.

Posts 343
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 6:49 AM

Sale ends October 26. (Source: someone on FB who heard from Logos on Twitter)

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 7:08 AM

To update my previous post, I went ahead and bought all the rest of these that were on sale. For anyone still on the fence, here is what swayed me over. I was concerned about buying volumes that were over 100 years old in light of the fact that updated volumes have already been released for some books of the Bible and updates for others are planned but not yet created. However, I noticed that in instances where updated volumes are already available, it appears that BOTH versions are included in the most up-to-date ICC package Logos offers:

https://www.logos.com/product/49022/international-critical-commentary-series

For example, there is an updated volume on Hosea by Macintosh, but the older volume on Amos and Hosea by Harper is also included. There is a new commentary on the pastoral epistles available by Marshall and Towner, but the older version by Lock is included. This makes sense. Since the older versions are public domain, the publisher (I think) cannot demand that they be removed from Logos packages, so both are included.

Bottom line is that even though newer editions are available, we still get a dynamic discount on ICC packages by buying the older editions, and the dynamic discount is much more than the cost of buying the older editions. When viewed in that light, this is a tough deal to pass on. Thank you Faithlife!

Posts 71
James Chin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 12:48 PM

Thank you Brad and thanks Logos

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2015 1:30 PM

Abram K-J:

Sale ends October 26. (Source: someone on FB who heard from Logos on Twitter)

Thanks, Abram.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Page 3 of 3 (57 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS