Concordia Commentaries and Send To Kindle.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 24 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 23 2015 9:28 AM

Do you have an ETA on when Concordia Commentary: Ephesians and Concordia Commentary: Galatians (which has been out for awhile now), will be available for "Send To Kindle"?

These two are the only two of the many  Concordia Commentary series which don't have that yet.  

I know there are a variety of factors related to the Send To Kindle feature (including size...) but these are smaller than others.

Thanks!

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2015 11:22 AM

Pete:
As an aside, I use Logos on Mac and iPad (and occasionally iPhone)...but for longer reading sessions, like reading on Kindle Voyager (eInk).

I wish I had a Voyager, but I do have a paperwhite and use it similarly. Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 7:26 AM

cool!

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 4:21 AM

any updates on this?

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:15 AM
bump
Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2015 10:17 AM

bump

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:38 PM

bump

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2015 8:29 AM

I have notified FL. Hopefully we'll get a response from them soon 

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 11:49 AM

Pete:
Do you have an ETA on when Concordia Commentary: Ephesians and Concordia Commentary: Galatians (which has been out for awhile now), will be available for "Send To Kindle"?

The commentaries are newer than what can be read by Send to Kindle’s current Digital Library version, this is why these commentaries are not available for "Send to Kindle".

At this time there is no ETD of when "Send to Kindle" will be updated. 

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2016 6:04 AM

This implies what I inferred and stated on a different thread on this topic is true. Newly published logos items do not seem to have the "Send to Kindle" feature.  That is disappointing. One of the reasons myself, and no doubt others, upgraded was because of this Send to Kindle feature. Do you have any words of encouragement that the situation will change?

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2016 9:04 AM

Angela Murashov:
At this time there is no ETD of when "Send to Kindle" will be updated.

Any update? 

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2016 2:17 PM

Bump

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2016 4:48 PM

Thanks. Still no "Send to Kindle" for Concordia Commentaries (Galatians and Ephesians).

Posts 488
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2016 6:20 PM

Pete:
That is disappointing. One of the reasons myself, and no doubt others, upgraded was because of this Send to Kindle feature.

This was true with me. I probably would have upgraded anyway eventually (I have used Logos since version 2), but this was one of the things that motivated me to move to 6 when I did. Hopefully they will make this available again.

Posts 644
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 2:45 AM

Likewise - was my favourite feature of L6.

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 5:43 AM

yeah...I specifically upgraded for this reason. I did so not expecting it only applied to old titles and the feature would not be available for new titles.  

It would have been nice information had been made available.

Posts 28246
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 7:56 AM

I'll see if I can flag someone down. 

Posts 182
Al Het | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 9:27 AM

I don't know anything about these resources you'd like to send to your Kindle, but perhaps there's a work-around.  Before the official "Send To Kindle" feature came out, Logos approved a method to do this, manually.  In short, you copy and paste the text into perhaps a Word document (don't remember for sure) and then I believe you email that to your Kindle account.  The process of sending a Word doc or a PDF to your Kindle in this way is a common feature for Kindle users.  I don't know if newer formatting of your Logos Commentaries would block this as an option, but it might be worth a try.

I don't have the link to those instructions, but I bet someone on this forum does, and might be willing to jump in with it. 

Good luck.

Posts 24
Pete | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 9:34 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I am aware of that feature. I am not sure how practical it is for large commentaries.  Also, I am fairly certain(even if  cutting and pasting an entire commentary from logos to word would work), the result would be a very large PDF file which often don't look or operate well on the Kindle (at least that has been my experience).

I think many of us here are just wondering why the feature was removed (which worked very well) from Logos and if and when it is coming back.

Thanks,
Pete

Posts 10571
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2016 11:56 PM

Pete, 

The feature was not removed from Logos, as far as I know it works great, but not for every resource. For some reason Faithlife needs to rebuild or upgrade a library that  is powering the feature. Until then we will miss some "newer" resources. Most other ones will work. I'm not sure about commentaries, though, since every bible refrrence ends up in a footnote containing all the text which may fill up Amazon's size limit. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS