Updates won't add on restart

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Scott Worron | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 24 2015 5:26 AM

I have the typical blue circle on the top right of the application indicating "Resources are ready to be added to your library.  Updates will be added when the application is restarted", however when I restart the application it still remains, it doesn't do any updates.  I have restarted the app several times and even re-downloaded the installer (not the core engine) to no avail.  Any ideas?  I'm using the Mac version with 6.6 SR-2 6.6.0.0069 installed.

Posts 30482
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2015 7:11 AM

Scott Worron:
I have restarted the app several times and even re-downloaded the installer (not the core engine) to no avail.

For clarification: The "core engine" is the software itself. Not the resources, .db files, notes, etc. If you downloaded the "installer," you downloaded the "core engine." They are one and the same.

Scott Worron:
Any ideas?

You will need to provide logs so that a techie can advise. See the appropriate link in my signature line.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 5
Scott Worron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 24 2015 8:19 AM

Thanks for the clarification.  I have attached the logs.  Hopefully they reveal what may be causing the latest update to not occur.

1057.LogosLogs.scottworron.20151024-111450.zip

Posts 27857
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2015 3:25 PM

This is similar to https://community.logos.com/forums/p/117616/774508.aspx#774508 where "discovery failed" messages occur for several resources. In your case try:-

First please quit out of the software then rename the following folders (just add a 1 to the end of the folder name):

/Users/scottworron/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/635tx4ja.cs6/UpdateManager

/Users/scottworron/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/635tx4ja.cs6/ResourceManager/Downloaded

Please delete the following files:

/Users/scottworron/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/635tx4ja.cs6/ResourceManager/Resources/BIBLICALREFERENTS.lbsbrd

/Users/scottworron/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/635tx4ja.cs6/ResourceManager/Resources/FSBDEVOTIONAL.logos4

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 30
Joe Griffin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2021 5:55 AM

I have experienced the same thing for at least a year now. I have sometime had to restart 3-4 time to get the update to install. I have wondered if this may have been caused by my Logos being opened from the sleep mode??? I just noticed this is from 2015...so it's not a new problem. 

Posts 35575
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2021 12:44 PM

You posted in the Logos 6 forum - Logos 6 is no longer supported. What version are you actually running and asking your question about?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 114
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2021 6:24 AM

This is happening to me as well….Logos 9

Paul

Paul

Posts 5921
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2021 10:20 AM

Paul:

This is happening to me as well….Logos 9

Paul

For concerns with Logos 9, please use https://community.logos.com/forums/155.aspx

Please use descriptive thread titles to attract helpful posts & not waste others' time. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS