How do I install Logos 3 books on Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2010 2:26 AM

I've just received two new products...Logos4 and Tyndale commentaries on CD/DVD media.

I've installed Logos4, but the Tyndale commentaries Setup.exe just crashes when I run it.  I presume that it doesn't like Logos 4 ?????

How do I install the Tyndale commentaries on Logos 4?

Posts 24698
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 5:15 AM

There is some history here  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10132.aspx

HTH

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:26 AM

Can I copy the lbxlls files across from the Tyndale media into the logos4\Data\*\ResourcesManager\Resources folder and expect Logos4 to notice them there?  Is there a way of accomplishing this.  I do own Logos4 and the Tyndale dataset.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:30 AM

The Tyndale is a Logos 3 product - I am afraid you need to install these on Logos 3, synchronise your licenses, and then if you wait say 10 or 15 minutes and start Logos 4 it will download the resources. This what I did as I had L3 still installed and it worked fine.

If you don't have L3 installed (any more?) you may be able to install that from the CDROM?

See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/9817/79319.aspx#79319 as well ...which seems to indicate that if you bought Tyndale from Logos they will have pre-licensed it for L4 ...

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:52 AM

I don't think you can copy those files but what you might try is to perform scan of the CD. You open the Logos 4 and write scan {full path} and if you have the license on the Logos servers, it might work.

Bohuslav

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 12:51 PM

David Andrew Campbell:
I've installed Logos4, but the Tyndale commentaries Setup.exe just crashes when I run it.

This isn't caused by Logos 4. I don't know why you are having that problem.

David Andrew Campbell:
How do I install the Tyndale commentaries on Logos 4?

Did you receive the Tyndale set directly from Logos? If you did, Logos should have added the license for these on your account on their server. Actually, given a little time when open Logos 4 should discover you are missing these resources and download the correct files to your computer. You will then be notified and asked to install them. You can try to hurry this along by typing the words Update Resources in the Logos 4 Command Bar, and then hitting enter. A notice should appear next to your syncing icon in the UR corner saying Logos 4 is checking for updates. It should find them. Sometimes, however, it takes a couple of tries and maybe an open and close of Logs 4. I have no idea why.

If you got the disk from another source you have two options:

1. Install Logos 3 using the supplied Tyndale disk. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be working for you.

2. Call Logos customer support and ask them to unlock your Tyndale set. Then do the Update Now command.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 20
David Andrew Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:14 PM

I received the media on CD/DVD and it came with a license key.

I today called logos support and gave them the license key so they could activate it.  They did so, and said it should appear in my updates in due course.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS