Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 27 2015 9:57 AM

Here are a few creative ideas for using the Logos Now MultiView feature

Commentary on the NT use of the OT with Harmonies that have OT in the NT:

The Chronological Life of Christ Commentary with Harmony of the Gospels:

I have found these useful as floating windows, so from the Passage Guide when you select either of these commentaries on the Mac press Shift and then click.

Be advised that the stable version has some memory leakage using MultiView on the Mac and as such your CPU will be high. Logos has been notified of the matter in the desktop beta forum and will hopefully find a solution.

Posts 10582
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:55 AM

FWIW, OI created one for Study Bibles (If we had drag and drop, I would move Metzger nearer the Host). Need a Bible as Host and most Study bibles have gaps. 

BTW—Floating windows are highly recommended for these.

Also did one for Greek Lexicons which probably needs considerable revision.

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 5:53 AM

John Fidel:

Commentary on the NT use of the OT with Harmonies that have OT in the NT:

Yes

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 6:24 AM

Following up on the OT in NT theme, here is a floating window that is part of my Study Layout Template that helps me investigate OT use in the NT:

Note that this floating window is brought to the front when either the Commentary for NT use of the OT is selected from the Passage Guide on my main window; or when any of the OT NT Parallel Passage section from the PG is selected. From there I have the LHB set for send hyperlinks here and the USB5 set similarly. When you click on an OT link from the commentary or Parallel Passage the LHB opens the link along with the texts set in the multi view: ESV, LES and LXX. When you click on a NT link the USB5 opens with the ESV. I have corresponding words (another Logos Now feature) also set to work for both bible texts.

To set this up in a floating window without multiple screens I started with the UBS5 which already had multi view set up. If not set it up first. The click on the + at the right and open the LHB, set up multi view and move it below. Then using the + I was able to add the Commentary and Parallel Passage tool. If these do not show up in the list, then you may need to float those resources and then get the two floating windows up front and drag and drop them to the same floating window. This is as close as I can get to having multiple layouts open (a feature that I hope may be available in the future.)

So now when studying the biblical text, if there is an OT quoted or alluded to in the NT I can get to this window with one click and then select the NT and OT verses I want to compare.

NOTE: The LES needs some work regarding corresponding words. Sympathetic Highlighting works much better using 6.7 RC1.

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 10:49 AM

John Fidel:

NOTE: The LES needs some work regarding corresponding words. Sympathetic Highlighting works much better using 6.7 RC1.

I may have missed some previous conversation on this, but a quick google didn't uncover anything.  What sort of "work regarding corresponding words" do you have in mind?

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:26 PM

Jeff Jackson:

John Fidel:

I may have missed some previous conversation on this, but a quick google didn't uncover anything.  What sort of "work regarding corresponding words" do you have in mind?

Hi Jeff, thanks for asking:

Here are two screen shots. As you can see the corresponding words do not show in the LES. Or if I click on a word in the LES they do not show across the other texts. The behavior is inconsistent.

Posts 79
LogosEmployee
Jeff Jackson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 4:41 PM

The problem is this is driven off the reverse interlinears.  The reverse interlinears behind columns 2 and 4 yield a Hebrew word (and column 1 is Hebrew, so they can highlight each other), but the reverse interlinear behind column 3 yields a Greek word.  As it stands, we don't have a way to make the connection.  I have ideas on how to solve this, but there are no plans on the schedule right now.

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 5:08 PM

Thanks, for the explanation. Now you know at least what I meant by my comment.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS