I miss pop up Strong's definitions

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2010 6:24 AM

I don't see that this is available in L4, or am I missing something?

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 6:51 AM

Shawn Drewett:

I don't see that this is available in L4, or am I missing something?

Open a bible with a REV INT and you will see the hyperlinked strong's numbers at the bottom. Mouse over it and there you go in your prioritized dictionary with strong's.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:02 AM

The FULL Strong's definition pop up I mean, like in L3.

Posts 1
Bruce Guyton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:43 AM

If you will make Strong's your preferred Dictionary, and make sure its first, it will popup.

Posts 31
Wes Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:45 AM

I really liked this feature too. It has been replaced by the "information window" but I don't like having multiple windows open while I study. Can I suggest to Logos that we be given the option of the pop up window for Greek words. That would be really helpful to me and my studies.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:53 AM

Tetelestai33,, finally someone who gets my point! Big deal if Strong's # , verb, noun cases, etc. is shown, I'm talking about the FULL definition of the Greek/Hebrew word! Like in L3!

Posts 71
Paul Buckhiester | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 9:59 AM

Though the very long definitions are truncated, I am seeing the full Strongs when I hover over the Strong's number in an interlinear.

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:49 AM

Here is what I am talking about. Does L4 do this?

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:59 AM

Shawn, I don't know how to make a picture of the pop-up window but when I hover over the Strong's number in the interlinear, it shows pop-up the similar way as in the L3. The only difference is you have to go to the bottom of the page where the interlinear info is.

Bohuslav

Posts 33819
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 12:04 PM

from the mj smith screen shots on demand service:Smile

To me the question is whether or not the size of the pop-up should be limited as it currently is.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 12:10 PM

Great. Thanks MJ. Super-fast service Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 12:30 PM

I know I sound persnickety, but I don't want another window open, or interlinear information. I simply want it to be as it was with L3.

Posts 2872
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 5:34 AM

Shawn, I think you will have to wait to see the old Interlinear books that we have been told are forthcoming. That may get you want you want. But I don't think that you are going to get it exactly like L3.

Posts 33819
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:58 AM

Shawn Drewett:
I simply want it to be as it was with L3.

To state the obvious, then stick to L3.Smile Seriously, each user needs to decide at this time whether L3 or L4 is most suitable for them. It is unrealistic to expect L3 and L4 to have all the features in the manner a particular user prefers. Not all users have the same preferences. Too many options within the program generally results in a less stable product. I'll go for more stability and a few annoyances.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 12:03 PM

Oh well, I'm just going to use the Interlinear option with the NASB95 or KJV. Bad thing is , is that my preferred Bible is the NASB77 which has no Interlinear option.Zip it!

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS