Exalting Jesus In ...... (Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary)

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 8:40 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Will Vyrso be matching the $2.99 Kindle deal at present?

Again, for clarification, Vyrso doesn't "price match." They extend publisher deals to us. Is the book discounted elsewhere? Which book? It would probably be best to create a new thread.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1494
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 9:18 AM

Appreciate that Vyrso don't price match. I'm not sure if it's a publisher offer in which case I believe Vyrso normally do match. All editions are currently discounted.

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 9:30 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Appreciate that Vyrso don't price match. I'm not sure if it's a publisher offer in which case I believe Vyrso normally do match. All editions are currently discounted.

Paul, what Alabama is saying is that Vyrso doesn't price "match" as this implies that Vyrso is discounting the price of a book to compete with other retailers. This isn't the case. What Vyrso does is price "participation," which means they will reduce the price when the publisher does so. Just because another retailer has discounted particular works does not mean the publisher has. Sometimes publishers have deals with only certain retailers and other times retailers lower prices on their own for various reason.

Only when the publisher has officially made discounts available to all retailers does Vyrso participate. This ensures that the publisher shares in the reduction of income / profit and that Vyrso isn't taking the entirety of the hit on loss of profit. 

Hope this clarifies just a bit. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 9:47 AM

Paul Caneparo:
I'm not sure if it's a publisher offer in which case I believe Vyrso normally do match.

It is helpful if you would check a number of sources first before posting (i.e. Nook, CBD, etc.). If the prices are all the same, it is likely a "publisher deal."

Paul Caneparo:
All editions are currently discounted.

It does not appear that "ephesians" is discounted, but the rest of the ones Vyrso sells do appear to be on discount. 

Posts 1494
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 10:20 AM

Leviticus still $9.99 which is the only one I don't have in Vyrso.

Posts 11508
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 10:27 AM

alabama24:

Paul Caneparo:

It does not appear that "ephesians" is discounted, but the rest of the ones Vyrso sells do appear to be on discount. 

to me it seems they currently all (i.e. the four we have) sell in Vyrso for 9.99

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 10:33 AM

NB.Mick:

alabama24:

Paul Caneparo:

to me it seems they currently all (i.e. the four we have) sell in Vyrso for 9.99

For clarification: Paul said, "all editions are currently discounted" (meaning in kindle). I looked over the few titles in the Vyrso store and checked prices at several stores. The "ephesians" title isn't $2.99 anywhere, including Kindle. I do understand that NONE of them are currently $2.99 in Vyrso. 

I used to have contacts within Vyrso, but they have dried up. I get a "we are too busy" email back from them. 

Posts 164
LogosEmployee
Erin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 10:47 AM

Hi there,

This is currently not a publisher sale (B&H didn't include all of these in their sales sheet to us.) Our content production team is working on getting this complete series into our system. Thank you for your patience!

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 11:14 AM

Erin Land:
This is currently not a publisher sale (B&H didn't include all of these in their sales sheet to us.)

Strange, as they are $2.99 in kindle, nook, CBD, and iBooks. Wink

I understand that you can't change the price without permission, but it IS a publisher special. 

Posts 1401
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 11:22 AM

Erin Land:

Hi there,

This is currently not a publisher sale (B&H didn't include all of these in their sales sheet to us.) Our content production team is working on getting this complete series into our system. Thank you for your patience!

Great news. Looking forward to seeing more of these resources in Vyrso! Thanks a million. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 1494
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 12:39 PM

It seems that only the Ephesians volume is not discounted on Amazon.  Thanks for the posts and great that Vyrso will add volumes.  I have 3 volumes in Vyrso and the other 9 in Kindle (all purchased when $2.99 - this week or previously).  For those interested I would recommend and will replace those I have on Kindle if and when there is a publisher offer available on Vyrso.

Posts 178
Ann Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 2:52 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Whyndell Grizzard:

Strange that Leviticus still is listed at 9.99

Not too strange as Leviticus is not part of the sale, and is also $9.99 at Amazon.

Check CBD, you'll find it is, as well as our own local chain stores here in Australia.

Posts 1432
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2016 10:41 AM

Exalting Jesus in Leviticus is now on sale for $2.99! (All other volumes in Vyrso are $9.99.)

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS