Date: 30-Oct-15 10:03:35 PM
Event ID: 33
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TonyLim-HP
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMWLCPL.CPL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found.

...[Removed superfluous information]

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 7:42 AM

I don't think that will be what the techies need. Are you continuing to experience a crash? Is it repeatable? What are you doing when it crashes? Can you enable and post logs? See link in my signature line.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 1:44 PM

Tony Lim:

I have this message:

"Logos bible software 6 has stopped working"

Can someone explain the followings?

Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Date: 30-Oct-15 10:03:35 PM
Event ID: 33
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: TonyLim-HP
Description:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\WINDOWS\system32\BCMWLCPL.CPL". Dependent Assembly

As explained above, we need Logos logs for a crash. Occasionally we need Event Viewer logs, but this is not related (you can google for BCMWLCPL.CPL to see what it is). Why did you include it?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 3:45 PM

Sorry, I posted the wrong information. Hopefully this is the correct log file. 

3058.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2015 3:59 PM

There is an old crash log from the 23rd, but no evidence of a crash since the 29th. If it did crash recently then look up the Windows Event Viewer as per the link in my previous post and explain what you were doing at the time.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 3:12 PM

Hello

I am trying to follow the instruction what to do but somehow I didn't understand. Sorry about that. 

As mentioned, my logos 6 has stopped working. The follow zipped log file is the latest crash collected. Hope someone is able to provide help to fix the problem. I am using Window 10. 

1122.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 4:35 PM

This is better!

Delete the file C:\Users\Tony Lim\AppData\Local\Logos\Data\misx3msa.m0z\ResourceManager\ResourceManager.db and restart Logos.

If necessary, you will need to show Hidden files and folders to see the AppData folder, so go to Control Panel >> Folder Options (or File Explorer Options), click the View tab and select that option

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 7:46 PM

Sir

I did what you instructed, but still unable to fix the problem - still 'Logos Bible software has stopped working".

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 11:25 PM

You could resubmit new logs or contact Tech Support directly, as they can get onto your machine.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 1:47 AM

Dave

I don't know what other new logs to submit. Perhaps you can enlighten me. I have sent couple of emails plus logs and explaining the problem, and even sent message at their FB, but thus far, no words from them yet. 

Do you think it has to do with the upgraded Window 10? As far as I can recall, the problem occurred after I have upgraded to Window 10. 

God bless

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:09 AM

When logging is enabled, new logs are created every time the app is opened. Depending on the method you used, logging was either temporarily or permanently turned on. If the former, you would need to turn logging back on, restart logos, and reproduce the problem, then grab the logs before restarting the app again. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25114
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:42 AM

Tony Lim:
I have sent couple of emails plus logs and explaining the problem, and even sent message at their FB, but thus far, no words from them yet. 

It would be best to directly contact Tech Support by phone.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 58
Tony Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 2:37 AM

This problem "Logos has stopped working" keeps coming up and I have not been able to use my Logos 6 for my work and study. I have made reports to the Tech Support but yet to hear from them. 

In any case, I go to the Event Viewer, and found the following information and copy and paste in the notepad file, but have no idea if they help to explain the problem. Could someone enlighten me? 

Thank you

4784.Text File.txt

Posts 4689
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2015 4:18 AM

Tony Lim:
This problem "Logos has stopped working" keeps coming up and I have not been able to use my Logos 6 for my work and study. I have made reports to the Tech Support but yet to hear from them. 

Tony

If the reason that you have not called Tech Support on the phone is due to the cost of the call then may I remind you that, for the most part, Skype offers  an inexpensive way of making international calls, even to landline phones.

This is the way that I contact Tech Support from the UK.

Given their international user base, Faithlife have a bit of a parochial attitude. It would, indeed be helpful if they published a Tech Support Skype contact.

I would hazard a guess but I reckon that a Skype call would be an order of magnitude more successful if the sales people used this channel.

That is by the by - just a suggestion for getting your problem sorted.

Posts 8088
LogosEmployee

Tony Lim:
In any case, I go to the Event Viewer, and found the following information and copy and paste in the notepad file, but have no idea if they help to explain the problem. Could someone enlighten me? 

Your Event Viewer information includes the text "Faulting module name: unknown".

This almost always indicates a third-party program (often malware) that is interfering with Windows networking. Did you install any other programs shortly before Logos 6 stopped working? If so, try uninstalling them.

If that doesn't work, you will need to contact Tech Support for assistance. They will need to collect a dump file from your computer and send it to development for analysis before we can identify the DLL causing the problem. (This may take several days.)

Posts 8088
LogosEmployee

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
Did you install any other programs shortly before Logos 6 stopped working? If so, try uninstalling them.

You might also try using System Restore to roll back to a point when Logos 6 was working.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS