Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 28 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Oct 31 2015 5:07 PM

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2015 7:04 PM

I wonder when the Look at the Book Labs will be available. Hopefully free...

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 9:29 AM

John Kight:

I wonder when the Look at the Book Labs will be available. Hopefully free...

I searched Logos and could not find it. I went to the DG site and found that it is in fact free, and not found to be for sale anywhere.

Posts 554
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:34 PM

Is this free to keep or just free for Nov?  I assume just free for Nov..

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:36 PM

Rodney Phillips:

The license is temporary, and came by way of Logos Now.

Posts 29482
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 12:47 PM

Rodney Phillips:

Notice the first column in the OP's screen shot. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1886
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 3:20 PM

alabama24:
Notice the first column in the OP's screen shot.

I haven't seen any communications on these (blog, email, homepage, etc.). I guess the pattern for Now subscribers is: if it's a dataset or something like it, Temporary could mean longer term than a month, but books are likely to be monthly one-off'ers.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 1276
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:07 PM

I haven't gotten a download notice for these or other November Now resources yet, nor are they showing up in my library in the web app. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:18 PM

Sean:

Is anyone else having this problem?

I haven't seen them either. I wonder if they're done in batches or if beta people get them first; I *think* James participates in the beta program. I don't; do you?

Posts 1276
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:24 PM

Yasmin Stephen:

Sean:

I haven't seen them either. I wonder if they're done in batches or if beta people get them first; I *think* James participates in the beta program. I don't; do you?

No, I don't. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to ship updates likes this over a weekend--though the sticky post at the top of this forum has already been updated for the November resources. But I hope it comes soon.

Posts 1886
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:26 PM

Yasmin Stephen:
if beta people get them first

I'm in the beta.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:28 PM

I updated the sticky post on account of this thread. I assumed you knew about the resources because you already received them. I will make sure to check on this first thing tomorrow morning. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if it resolves itself.

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:29 PM

Sean:

Yasmin Stephen:

Sean:

No, I don't. I also wouldn't be surprised if they don't want to ship updates likes this over a weekend--though the sticky post at the top of this forum has already been updated for the November resources. But I hope it comes soon.

I received them yesterday (Friday) upon subscribing (no beta).

Posts 6720
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:06 AM

Looked at the video for "Look at the Book Lab" and cannot find a link for it on the website. Will someone please supply a link. The videos are very stimulating.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:11 AM

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

There goes that theory Smile

Strangely enough I have The Unseen Realm in my wishlist and it's greyed out, so I figured it was part of Nov's preview books but nothing has showed up for me. I'll have to monitor that and also the missing annual subscription promo books in the next couple of days.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:28 AM

I got the Unseen Realm too. Part of the preview?

Posts 1276
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 4:39 AM

Jacob Cerone:

I updated the sticky post on account of this thread. I assumed you knew about the resources because you already received them. I will make sure to check on this first thing tomorrow morning. I'll keep monitoring the thread to see if it resolves itself.

It hasn't resolved itself; I still haven't gotten anything.

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 5:06 AM

Lynden Williams:

Looked at the video for "Look at the Book Lab" and cannot find a link for it on the website. Will someone please supply a link. The videos are very stimulating.

If you are referring to a link on the Logos website, there is none. This is the one on the DG site. http://www.desiringgod.org/labs/all

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 5:09 AM

Geo Philips:

I got the Unseen Realm too. Part of the preview?

It appears to be. I am grateful that that one. Been wanting to read it, but the cost was prohibited at the time. Smile

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 5:15 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

Erwin Stull, Sr.:

There goes that theory Smile

Strangely enough I have The Unseen Realm in my wishlist and it's greyed out, so I figured it was part of Nov's preview books but nothing has showed up for me. I'll have to monitor that and also the missing annual subscription promo books in the next couple of days.

I think downloads are staggered, so everyone will not be downloading at the same time.

I've be wanting to read that, but was waiting for the cost to come down. It's grayed out because, although temporarily, it is in your account. I'm watching for a special Logos Now cost for this to arrive sometime this month. :-)

Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS