Not able to add ANY powerpoint sli

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Nathan Riley | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 1 2015 5:41 AM

Hi, 

I am trying to add a powerpoint to proclaim and it seem like I am unable to do ANY powerpoint I can find.  I am trying to add the powerpoint to the forum but it is not working.  

Powerpoint is set for 16:9, but all proclaim does is send me to the opened powerpoint and says "an unexpected error occurred while importing the specified"

Any suggestions?

Nathan Riley

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 6:09 AM

Are you adding the PowerPoint as images? If so a workaround it so open PowerPoint and export the images using PowerPoint then import them into Proclaim.

Here are instructions:

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/206296245-Why-doesn-t-my-PowerPoint-presentation-import-properly-

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2015 9:25 AM

If you supply a sample Power Point file that's not working for you we can try to reproduce in house and see what the issue is.

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 3:29 PM

We've fixed this issue in the most recent update (1.31.0.0811). Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Posts 13
Nathan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 8:12 PM

Thank you! Seems to be working GREAT!

Posts 49
Rick Blankenship | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 2:23 PM

I am trying to add a powerpoint to my Service section, but keep getting an error message.  I even tried saving the ppt from .pptx to .ppt -- no luck, it still causes an error.  I currently have the latest update (1.31.0.0811).  I have reviewed the other suggestions (adding the ppt as an image file, and that works, but I would like to be able to simply add the ppt.

Thanks!

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 3:07 PM

Rick Blankenship:

I am trying to add a powerpoint to my Service section, but keep getting an error message.  I even tried saving the ppt from .pptx to .ppt -- no luck, it still causes an error.  I currently have the latest update (1.31.0.0811).  I have reviewed the other suggestions (adding the ppt as an image file, and that works, but I would like to be able to simply add the ppt.

Thanks!

Rick, if you could post your PowerPoint file here we could try it out and diagnose further. 

Posts 49
Rick Blankenship | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 3:19 PM

Here you go.  Thanks for looking into this for me.0511.5776b_Noach.pptx

Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2015 10:20 PM

Rick Blankenship:

Here you go.  Thanks for looking into this for me.0511.5776b_Noach.pptx

Just tried and I was able to import the presentation without issue. It is quite a lot of slides, a bit over 100. Are you on Windows or Mac? Are you choosing "Convert to images"?

Posts 49
Rick Blankenship | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 2:44 AM

I am using Mac.

When I go to Add Item, I am choosing Import from Keynote/Powerpoint.  Once I select that, I get the following screen.  it does not match your screen shot.

Yes, these are teachings (versus sermons), so there is a lot to cover.  I am usually closer to 200 slides, but I chose this teaching since it was "smaller."

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 6:50 AM

Rick-

In the same location as our Proclaim.log file is a PowerPointExporter.log file, Can you post both the Proclaim.log and PowerPointExporter.log files after a failed import?

Instructions for finding and posting these can be found here: http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

Thanks

Glenn

Posts 49
Rick Blankenship | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 8:53 AM

Here are the logs you requested.  Plus, I added the error log that popped up when I tried adding ppt to Proclaim (this is the pop-up asking if I want to submit the error to Mac).

4555.Proclaim.log

5226.PowerPointExporter.log

5611.ProclaimError.docx

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 10:42 AM

Thanks Rick-

It appears to be a memory issue and I am continuing to look into a fix but not sure when we will get a resolution (we use a third party dll to do this importing work and they may already have a fix, but I'm running into other issues with newer code from them - still investigating...)

You do have some options though.

1. Split your larger powerpoints into smaller files - (I was able to get up to about 50 with your presentation, but your log stopped at 18 slides).

2. Import on a Windows computer running Proclaim - the images will sync to your presentation and available to all your installations of Proclaim

3. Use PowerPoint to export each slide as an image (this is actually all we do during the import) and add these images as an Image Slideshow service item - http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/206296245-Why-doesn-t-my-PowerPoint-presentation-import-properly-

I think solution #3 will be the best for you right now, I don't have a timeline for a working solution, but will update this thread with more information when I find out what I can do to fix.

Thanks for your help and patience

Glenn

Posts 49
Rick Blankenship | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2015 2:13 PM

I am able to add an Image Slideshow without problems.  Since that is all the Import is doing, I can manage that myself.

Thanks for looking into the issue!

Blessings & Shalom!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS