Send resource location to Logos on iOS

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Stephen Koehn | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Nov 2 2015 6:45 AM

I am a seminary student, and as such, I have not been very active in the forums, so please point me in the right direction if this topic has already been addressed.

I use Logos Desktop, but find that when I actually need to read a resource (not just reference a line or two), the iPad is much more conducive.

Here is a feature request: On each resource pane, have a menu item that allows you to "Send to Logos on...[user's] device." I would love to be able to send myself the exact location of what I am reading so I can seamlessly transfer to my iPad if I have to read something in bulk.

What do you think? Can this already be done? Has this already been addressed?

Thanks!

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 7:08 AM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking for, but a couple thoughts:

1. Under the right conditions, the resource <should> open to where it left off on desktop. 

2. There is a hyperlink system called "logosres" which can take you to specific locations within a given resource. Have you tried that before? I am on my phone and about to leave or i would hunt down the wiki article for you. A quick search should find it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4733
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 9:22 AM

Stephen

Stephen Koehn:
I would love to be able to send myself the exact location of what I am reading so I can seamlessly transfer to my iPad if I have to read something in bulk.

The secret to this is to sync your desktop (and make sure that you do not have that resource open on your iPad at the time).

Then, when you do open 'Logos Bible' on your iPad that resource should open to the place you left it.

Posts 28358
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 10:37 AM

Here is the wiki article: https://wiki.logos.com/Hyperlinks 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1756
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 10:49 AM

Stephen Koehn:
On each resource pane, have a menu item that allows you to "Send to Logos on...[user's] device." I would love to be able to send myself the exact location of what I am reading so I can seamlessly transfer to my iPad if I have to read something in bulk.

Another way this can be achieved other than what has been suggested is by using Favorites. It's how I keep track of my reading and also to be able to switch between my laptop and my phone.

A downside is that Vyrso ebooks don't have page numbers, so it's not as accurate with those books.

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 2 2015 12:21 PM

Or, you could follow the instructions here: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118332/776738.aspx#776738 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS