How do you post a screenshot?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:14 AM

How do you post a screenshot on the forum? I know how to create a shot, but not how to post it.

Posts 2898
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:16 AM

Click the insert attachment icon 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2898
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:18 AM

And I use Jing (http://www.jingproject.com/) to make the captures. It allows you to do both image and video captures of specific areas of your screen. You can then edit if necessary. You can then upload to the free webspace they provide or save teh capture locally on your computer. It is perfect.

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:27 AM

Thanks Jacob. After a take the screenshot, where do I go to access it in order to post it to a forum message? I figure I can use a program I already have right? Like Microsoft Digitial Image?

Posts 2898
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:41 AM

You would simply navigate to wherever your screen capture utility places it. The build in Windows utility I believe captures to the clipboard, so you would have to launch an image editing software and paste into it and then save the file as a compatible format (jpg, gif or png I believe). Then navigate from the forum upload tool to wherever you saved it. 

Jing allows you to save the file directly (skipping the clipboard business).

Jacob Hantla
gbcaz.org

Posts 1145
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 10:31 PM

To ask a further question that I could not seem to fi

Let me try and talk through what I did and what I saw....

.I wanted to get a screen shot of a mark-up in the bible.  So I highl

ighted a word. (O.K. no problem this far) 2.  I went and I did a print screen from my keyboard.  (no problems)  3. paste it to a document and cropped the picture (no problem).  4.  Thought about the file and said I need a jpeg to post.  cut the picture paste into paint (no problem)  5.  file save as mypict.jpg (no problem) 6.  create a forum post.  click the paper clip.  (np)  7.  select the picture. and it pastes into this forum box. (np)

Now when I actually see it in the forum it is bigger than I want it. What you see below is the item of choice but l want to show you where my typing must move given the picture is so big. See what I mean?  I just don't

understand why the pict is so big but let me past again below here and I will resize the box of the picture....makeing the picture itself too small..I hope you all get me...here ??  Hmm

Posts 5607
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 10:41 PM

William Bingham:

.I wanted to get a screen shot of a mark-up in the bible.  So I highl

ighted a word. (O.K. no problem this far) 2.  I went and I did a print screen from my keyboard.  (no problems)  3. paste it to a document and cropped the picture (no problem).  4.  Thought about the file and said I need a jpeg to post.  cut the picture paste into paint (no problem)  5.  file save as mypict.jpg (no problem) 6.  create a forum post.  click the paper clip.  (np)  7.  select the picture. and it pastes into this forum box. (np)

Now when I actually see it in the forum it is bigger than I want it. What you see below is the item of choice but l want to show you where my typing must move given the picture is so big. See what I mean?  I just don't

However you're trying to crop it after pasting it into Paint is not working.  You need to drag the edge of the white Paint canvas in to make it smaller (make your Paint window bigger to be able to see the edge).

I would recommend you download and use Jing, as Jacob suggested above. It's much easier.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS