Logos 6.7 keeps crashing on Mac OSX 10.11.1 El Capitain

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46

Hi there,

I just got a new iMac and Logos has been working fine on my old mac air but it's crashing on this system.

It's not responsive to trackpad clicks (won't open library, can't see the cursor in the command bar) and then when you try a few times it simply crashes. Anyone help please?

Thanks
Leo

Posts 46

Log file here. Crashed when I attempted to open the exegetical guide (the others - library, command etc were not responding)

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 8:25 AM

When did you grab the logs? After the crash but BEFORE reopening? I am only part techie, perhaps I am not seeing something obvious in the log file. 

Have you tried opening to a blank layout? Press and hold the command key immediately upon startup. You may have a corrupt layout, or the like.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 46
Leo Rajiv Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 8:35 AM

I kept reopening several times and each time it crashed.

As I enabled the logging feature, I noticed that Logos should not be running, so I disabled  it, exited (or rather crashed) Logos; enabled logging and ran it again. When Logos reopened, it sent an error report ('Logos crashed last time - am thinking to Apple?') then, very quickly crashed again and I got the logs.

Opening with the cmd key down didn't help either :(  

Posts 46

Another set of logs if this helps!

Posts 46
Leo Rajiv Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 9:19 AM

Interesting. I tried downloading the Verbum installer to see if maybe a new install would have better chances. But on opening the application (immediately after copying it to Applications, no books/resources downloaded yet), I'm unable to even sign into the splash screen - the username and password are unresponsive, same as the menu items on Logos.

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 10:27 AM
Your best bet might be to call customer service.

Posts 46
Leo Rajiv Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 10:43 AM

Oh dear. Thanks for helping anyways!

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 11:09 AM

Leo Rajiv Michael:
But on opening the application (immediately after copying it to Applications, no books/resources downloaded yet)

I just noticed this... For clarification: Resources, notes, database files, etc. are stored elsewhere. If they had downloaded previously, they would still be there unless you deleted them. Deleting the application from the applications folder has no bearing on those files. 

Posts 11
Bryan Yue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:18 AM

I'm not alone, my Logos crashes 10 times a day for the last few days or weeks since I updated my Mac OSX to 10.11.1.

I did not change any Logos setting after updating my Mac, I was waiting for it to go away, but the programme just keep crashing every 30 minutes.

Maybe Logos or apple has compatibility issues, I hope that a patch will come soon to fix this.

Posts 27685
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:29 AM

Welcome Bryan! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

Bryan Yue:

I hope that a patch will come soon to fix this.

As far as I know there isn't any incompatibility with El Capitan. Remember: similar symptoms doesn't mean "the same problem."  A driver can crash into a tree because he was drunk, texting, fell asleep or his car malfunctioned (just to name a few). Likewise, your issue is very well unrelated to the original post. 

Please create a new thread. Explain your issue clearly, provide as much relevant details as possible (for example: what computer & specs? What version of the software engine? Are you doing something repeatable to cause the app to crash?

You will also need to enable logging and post logs. See my signature line for instructions. By doing so you will allow techies to "see" what is going on and causing your crash.

Posts 10050
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:30 AM

Bryan Yue:

I'm not alone, my Logos crashes 10 times a day for the last few days or weeks since I updated my Mac OSX to 10.11.1.

I did not change any Logos setting after updating my Mac, I was waiting for it to go away, but the programme just keep crashing every 30 minutes.

Maybe Logos or apple has compatibility issues, I hope that a patch will come soon to fix this.

Bryan, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Look at the footer line in Alabama's post right above yours: there's a link to how to implement logging on Mac. Follow the instructions, be sure that logging is turned on, then start Logos, let it run until it crashes, fetch the logs and post them here as a zip archive attachment - some fellow Mac users may be able to make out what crashes your installation.

Hope this helps,

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 11
Bryan Yue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 11 2015 10:55 AM

Thank you Mick and Alabama, sorry that I jumped to conclusion. I'll follow the instructions above.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS