Multiple pre-pub in short time period: please allow us some time

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:36 PM

Hi, perhaps I am the only one who experiences

this, but it happened before, although this is the worst case for me. During the last year or so I ordered a few pre-pubs. Some as far back as 20 April. Since no one knows when a pre-pub will be released, it is always great when it happens, unless a multiple number are released when your cash flow is limited. It happened before, and now it happened again.  Suddenly 6 of my pre-pubs are shipping in a week. It is a total of  $119.91 before the end of next week. Although I am grateful, I did not budget for this amount. Could Faithlife please give us the option to postpone the order with a week or two, just until I receive my next salary. I have been waiting for some of these resources for months, and now that they are here I am perhaps going to miss some of them due to cash flow problems. Please consider offering an option on pre-pubs to delay payment a few days. Thanks 

Posts 495
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:54 PM

yes I have not experienced this but am worried about it..

Posts 2719
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:55 PM

Why don't you give a sales rep at FL a call explaining your situation? They might be able to help or do something for you.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 1:58 PM

I know it won't help you right now, but something to consider for the future is to set aside the money for a pre-pub when you make the order for the pre-pub. This is what I do: I reserve the money in my checkbook so that I'm never caught off-guard. Sure, I may have money sitting there for months or even years, but when the pre-pub ships, I am always ready and joyful.

As far as your immediate situation, I can suggest two courses of action:

1. Call Faithlife customer service and see if they would honor the pre-pub price for you at the end of the month.

2. Ask a friend for a loan.

Posts 1321
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 2:48 PM

Or, maybe (in the future) Book Cache can help the situation: https://www.logos.com/book-cache

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 5 2015 8:26 PM

Ted Hans:

Why don't you give a sales rep at FL a call explaining your situation? They might be able to help or do something for you.

I will try that, perhaps they can help me.

integ:

I know it won't help you right now, but something to consider for the future is to set aside the money for a pre-pub when you make the order for the pre-pub. This is what I do: I reserve the money in my checkbook so that I'm never caught off-guard. Sure, I may have money sitting there for months or even years, but when the pre-pub ships, I am always ready and joyful.

It is a great idea, but unfortunately it is not always possible to "stash away" money for such a long period of time. Especially if other financial responsibilities crop up and the date for the pre-pub's release is still unknown.

Rick Brannan:

Or, maybe (in the future) Book Cache can help the situation: https://www.logos.com/book-cache

Also, great idea. Will attempt this in the future.

I was just caught off-guard by the unexpected flood of pre-pubs. I do not want to lose any of them since I have been waiting months for some of them. It would just be great if I had the option to delay the purchase of some of them with one week. (without losing the price advantage). In both my cases being able to delay the purchase with just one week would have made a huge difference.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 2:30 AM

Rick Brannan (Faithlife):

Somehow I haven't been aware of that option (although I should Sad) and it looks really great. I need to try it also. Thank you for that information.  Yes

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS