Logos Is Playing With Logos

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 24
Bill Roth | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2015 8:05 AM

Which logo is more compelling?  Which one seems like an old friend when you open up the program? 

Posts 263
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:21 AM

I like the old one better.  I noticed the new icon this week and was a little sad when I saw it.

Posts 1563
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:41 AM

I also prefer the old one.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 932
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 10:17 AM

The similar changes to the website also make it look washed out. But I bet single color printing is cheaper and the larger words are probably good for mobile.

Posts 140
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 10:23 AM

One more vote for the old. Thinner fonts are in theory, elegant. In practice though, IMO, they are simply harder to read when prominent within a website or software program.

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 1:49 PM

Interesting that no one commented on "Bible software" being dropped from the logo. Not trying to stir the pot or say there is a conspiracy theory, I'm just surprised no one commented on it. I guess I am in the minority on this thread, but I like the new font. It looks more sleek and modern.

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 2:20 PM

Matthew:

Interesting that no one commented on "Bible software" being dropped from the logo. Not trying to stir the pot or say there is a conspiracy theory, I'm just surprised no one commented on it. I guess I am in the minority on this thread, but I like the new font. It looks more sleek and modern.

Faithlife/Logos is progressing very well. Pretty soon, it will just be the logo shown, and that will be synonymous with Logos Bible Software. Look at what some of the major manufacturers have done with their logos in the past to the present. Just the graphic without any wording whatsoever will tell you who they are.Smile

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 3:20 PM

I prefer the old one.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9617
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 4:16 PM
I don't mind the new one but prefer the old one.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 4:31 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I don't mind the new one but prefer the old one.

Same here, I do prefer the Bible Software of the old one too. I know FL is more than Logos but Logos is still all about Bible Software. 

Dan

Posts 1916
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 4:46 PM

Bill Roth:
Which logo is more compelling?

I have to say I like the old one better also--I like the more subdued blue color. I haven't decided which font I like better, however.

Posts 1938
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 4:58 PM

The old logo was good enough for the Apostle Paul, so it's good enough for me.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

Posts 2808
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 5:53 PM

Bill Roth:
Which one seems like an old friend when you open up the program?

This one:

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 1675
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2015 11:12 PM

I like the new color, but I would prefer the fraktur font. 

Logos as such is quite ambiguous, the text "Bible software" was actually quite cool

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_(disambiguation) 

and

http://www.vos.noaa.gov/MWL/apr_09/shipwreck.shtml 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 171
Daniel NM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 6:48 AM

Logos Bible Software

I like prefer the former logo. Cool

<!-- -->

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 7:08 AM

I like the new logo!

P A

Posts 1506
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 7:34 AM

I prefer new one but with including words "Bible Software"

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 926
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:54 AM

I prefer the new one. It has a clean look about it. I wonder which one I would like if I had never seen either one.

Posts 8327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 9:58 AM

I would hate to see "Bible Software" being taken off the Logo due to "political correctness" issues :( I always refer to my Logos as "My Logos Bible Software" when I show people what it can do.

DAL

Posts 826
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2015 11:02 AM

Meh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meh

JRS has left the building.

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS