about Logos now

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2
Roberto J Castillo M. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 18 2015 12:09 PM

Hi; my question is about logos 6 now; this is a compartment independent update for each base package; or a division of faithlife. I want to know if there is something different between verbum now and logos 6 now or is a common general update for all the logos 6 not matter what I have or there is one for verbum and one for logos six(packages).

Posts 12492
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 12:46 PM

Hi Roberto, welcome back to the forums!

There is only a minimal differentiation between Logos Now and Verbum Now - for more than 90% of it, the functionality is surely the same. Maybe the books one gets for a monthly trial are selected differently and more towards the general direction of interest for Verbum users.

It might be that Verbum Now-functionality is geared towards Verbum-specifics at some points that don't work in Logos (larger canon or saints or lectionaries considered), but I can't see Faithlife taking out Logos Now functionality on purpose for Verbum now, so I'd say that if you own a Verbum package then you are probably better off with Verbum Now, and it doesn't warrant buying both.

Hope this helps,

Mick   

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 153
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 1:05 PM

You know, they really should just have Logos Now, and if there are specifics to Verbum than turn them on with the Set Verbum to Yes command.

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2015 2:01 PM

I can imagine that another possible difference would be in the monthly preview resources. Maybe Verbum Now includes a different set from month to month.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS