IS THERE ANY RESOURCE ;WHICH HELPS ME IN LOGOS 4 LIBRARY WHICH HELPS ME TO DESTINGUSH WITH SUBEJECT?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 17 2010 6:07 PM

I have been studying in Romans chapter 1:4 ,where it says''4 and he was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord

The Holy Bible : English standard version. 2001. Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

I would like to know the specific the doer of the action, wether the God the Father or the Holy Spirit,is there any resource which can help me to destingush ,in such cases?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2010 6:28 PM

Tes,

Most commentaries will probably identify this as a use of the "divine passive". If you search on your library for "divine passive" you will find explanations about this very common structure in the OT and NT.

Could I ask that you not use all capitals in your subject headings - on-line, this is considered shouting.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 3:45 AM

Tes:
I would like to know the specific the doer of the action, wether the God the Father or the Holy Spirit,is there any resource which can help me to destingush ,in such cases?

Tes,

you can run an exegetical guide on this verse, it will tag every word with the morph information and you can mouse-hover over the information, and also click on it and get a defintion of what the different elements mean...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:01 AM

Damian McGrath:
If you search on your library for "divine passive" you will find explanations about this very common structure in the OT and NT.

I could hardly found 

1. I want to study it first ,with out reffering the commentary,but I would like to have rather other expanations.
  2. My use in capital ,shows how deep I am concerned with the question.I do'nt have any intention ,to make any noise which disturbs any body.Any way it it is offensive I give it up right now.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:04 AM

Robert Pavich:
you can run an exegetical guide on this verse, it will tag every word with the morph information and you can mouse-hover over the information, and also click on it and get a defintion of what the different elements mean

I have done as you told me.the explantion is great,but my question is I would like to know  the doer of the action.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:08 AM

Damian McGrath:
this is considered shouting.

My use in capital ,shows how deep I am concerned with the question.I do'nt have any intention ,to make any noise which disturbs any body.Any way it it is offensive I give it up right now.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:31 AM

Tes,

Do this; run a guide and try and do what this screen shot shows:

Robert Pavich

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 5:33 AM

Tes:

Robert Pavich:
you can run an exegetical guide on this verse, it will tag every word with the morph information and you can mouse-hover over the information, and also click on it and get a defintion of what the different elements mean

I have done as you told me.the explantion is great,but my question is I would like to know  the doer of the action.

tes,

don't take this the wrong way but have you studied Greek? Do you know about verbs and their grammatical voice?

Robert Pavich

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 6:32 AM

Robert Pavich:
don't take this the wrong way but have you studied Greek? Do you know about verbs and their grammatical voice?

No,I hav'nt

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 6:37 AM

Tes:
No,I hav'nt

Tes,

that's going to make it hard to understand why a translator translated certain words or phrases certain ways and things of that nature.

My advice is that you take a look at several translations together, consult commentaries on your passage, and check out the popups for more information.

If you'd like to learn some things that will help you to understand, then I recommnend Bill Mounces' book "Greek for the rest of us"

It won't make you into a Greek scholar, nor will you be able to translate any text...but you will be able to better understand the kinds of things that you're asking about now.

Robert Pavich

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 8:45 AM

Robert Pavich:
I recommnend Bill Mounces' book "Greek for the rest of us"

Robert,

Does it comment the Words in the bible through the verses ,in a similar way as the the Exegetical does or a different one`? Is it possible to get in Logos?If it is in  a hard cover it is a long way and expensive to get shipped from the USA to Germany where I am living.

Thank you very much for the efforts you have made for me ,to make it possible to know the truth.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:12 AM

Thank you Robert ,this is also very helpful,even though ,it  still could not show me the specific one.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:45 AM

Tes:

Does it comment the Words in the bible through the verses ,in a similar way as the the Exegetical does or a different one`? Is it possible to get in Logos?If it is in  a hard cover it is a long way and expensive to get shipped from the USA to Germany where I am living.

Tes,

No; it's not available in Logos...it's a paper book.

The bottom line is that there has to be a little bit of instruction on the Greek Language itself....software will never do your whole job for you...it's our job to discover and learn; Logos software just speeds up the process and helps us get more done.

Robert Pavich

Posts 2841
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 10:18 AM

Robert Pavich:
software will never do your whole job for you...it's our job to discover and learn; Logos software just speeds up the process and helps us get more done.

Yor are right Robert, my purpose of studying the bible is also,not speeding up the process ,reffering a commentary, the game is over,and there is no stress more.I even though I am not qualified ,(trained) I am responsible to lead a bible group in my church,I have a responsibility to help them in discovering the truth for themselves.I am only able to do this job,by being able to descove the accurate meaning of the text of the bible first,I do'nt to make any short cut which makes more or less passive,the Holy Spirit lets me either  inactive nor a lazy boy . That's why I am trying to be able to get the best way I could do.Regarding the hardcover ,it makes a bit pressure on me.I don't know how much it costs and the shipping from the USA to Germany is twice as expensive as the cost of the book it self may God help me ,God bless you Robert.

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS