Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 187
LogosEmployee

Ben and Armin,

Thanks so much for taking time to articulate some issues and frustrations you're having with highlighting. A developer will be looking into this shortly in order to investigate the issue and hopefully provide a fix. 

We know it's frustrating when it takes awhile for us to provide a solution-- so thanks for your patience as we prioritize and execute. 

Thanks

Daniel Di Bartolo, Mobile Product Manager

Posts 10033
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 2:11 PM

I'm mystified. There's got to be a reason why the user experience is so different. My highlighting (hold-drag) operates a hair slower than Kindle/ios  (which might be good), but otherwise it's a perfectly enjoyable task for both apps. Or I missed the whole issue. I'm on an old mini.

Posts 8
Ben Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 4:45 PM

Hi Denise,

You said you're on an old mini. Is that a Mac Mini? If so, you're using the desktop software. I agree that text selection in the desktop software is a breeze; no problems there. My issues is on the iOS app on my phone. When I get to the bottom of my phone screen and want to keep selecting text beyond what fits on the screen, then the process gets quite clunky and challenging. 

Posts 8
Ben Clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 4:46 PM

Thanks for looking into it Daniel!

Blessings

Ben

Posts 27436
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:33 PM

Ben Clark:
You said you're on an old mini. Is that a Mac Mini?

Presumably she means an iPad mini. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10033
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 5:56 PM

alabama24:

Ben Clark:
You said you're on an old mini. Is that a Mac Mini?

Presumably she means an iPad mini. 

Safe bet. Mac Mini's won't fit in your purse and people wonder about the cord. Plus Kindle/ios runs on ios.

OTH, I am contemplating (like JoshRI,  a long time) a Mac. My wondering is just how long Bob will fund the Phoenix office before pulling the plug. It's an honest wondering.

Posts 27436
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 6:24 PM

Denise:
My wondering is just how long Bob will fund the Phoenix office before pulling the plug

Do you mean that literally (location) or figuratively (mobile)? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10033
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 7:11 PM
I was referring to the Mac version of Logos. Maybe they're throwing tons of resources at the new Faithlife Church Management app, but it just seems everything is running 'thin'. I'd hate to be orphanized. Happened to me with L4 and netbooks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 7 2017 8:59 PM

Denise:
I was referring to the Mac version of Logos.

Microsoft purchased Xamarin (Mono) a year ago, which has been followed by Microsoft supporting .NET Core on more platforms. Hence the Logos 4 (and newer) code base shared by Windows and macOS has substantial shared code with practical difference being graphical user interface: Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Cocoa.

Thankful for substantial feature parity as of Logos 5. Tue 1 Mar 2011 had stable 4.2a release with combined code base release notes that continues.

Thankful can choose Windows or Mac as desired for Logos 7 , Verbum 7 , and Noet 7.

Thankful for Apple's world wide share of traditional desktop PC's being 7.5 % in 4Q 2016 => https://www.appleworld.today/blog/2017/1/11/idc-macs-have-75-global-computer-market-share-in-quarter-four-of-2016 (albeit disappointed by overdue technology refreshes for a number of Mac models) 

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS