Logos Indexer has multiple copies

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 52
Geoff | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2015 8:33 AM

I looked around and could not find this anywhere but I am running windows 10 pro on an old win 7 machine. Under system settings, notifications I found 5 copies of "Logos Bible Software Indexer On: Banners, sounds" they were all turned "on" and then a sixth copy of "Logosindexer.exe" that is also on. Do I have six copies of the same thing? I am having various stability issues with Logos and am wondering if this has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated and how to remove duplicate copies if they are. I turned off 4 of the 6 copies before I took the screen shot but they were all on when I found this.

nt. 

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 9:28 AM

Just for Information

My Win 10 shows just one Logos index.

Posts 7923
LogosEmployee

This was a bug in versions of Logos prior to 6.7. Unfortunately, Windows 10 provides no way for programs to clean up the list (to recover from the bug), nor a way for users to delete obsolete entries.

If you're comfortable editing the registry, this older thread has suggestions from users on registry keys that may be related to this problem: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/114923.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS