Intro to the Eastern Church

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3005
Milkman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 27 2015 2:49 PM

Is there a good resource that introduces non-eastern church types to the Eastern Church? 

mm.

mm.

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:10 PM

Milkman:

Is there a good resource that introduces non-eastern church types to the Eastern Church? 

mm.

This would be my favorite: https://www.logos.com/product/41120/introducing-eastern-orthodox-theology 

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 3005
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:26 PM

Looks good. Definitely a purchase. Anymore??

mm.

Posts 3005
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:37 PM

just picked it up...

mm.

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 3:55 PM

Milkman:

Looks good. Definitely a purchase. Anymore??

Not that are in Logos and in production. You might find Three Views on Eastern Orthodoxy and Evangelicalism interesting. Note: I come down firmly on the no side because of the difference in understanding of liturgy and Eucharist/Lord's Supper.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1593
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 27 2015 4:22 PM

Not an insider, but I found the Yannaras Elements of Faith to be interesting and understandable. Again, I cannot say how representative he is...

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

Posts 5232
Posts 8798
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2015 4:09 AM

Gabe Martini (Faithlife):

Milkman:

mm.

This would be my favorite: https://www.logos.com/product/41120/introducing-eastern-orthodox-theology 

This is now on sale Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS