Passage Guide Bookstore

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 320
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 28 2015 9:34 AM

Looking at Isaiah 17 this morning in Passage Guide, I went down to the Bookstore option and found it saying that I could buy Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33, but I know I already had that resource. Reading further down on that web page when clicking on the link in passage guide, it said that there was a newer version "This is the original edition of John Watt’s much-demanded commentary on Isaiah. For the most updated edition, check out Word Biblical Commentary, Volume 24: Isaiah 1–33.".  when going to that link it said I already had it, so buying it wasn't an option.

So, I was wondering if we get an update, do we lose the old edition (thought I had the older one, but sure) with the updated version? I wasn't sure on this, so I'm posting, thinking that both should be in my Library, had I had the original edition.

Blessings

Posts 2775
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 10:07 AM

Ralph Mauch:
So, I was wondering if we get an update, do we lose the old edition (thought I had the older one, but sure) with the updated version?

If older versions are updated, you do not lose them, and you get the update for free.

If a new version is published, it is considered a new resource and you'll have to purchase it separately.

If you do buy a new version, you don't lose the old version.

It sounds like the software may have some confusion about what you own; though I can't be sure. Verify what is loaded into your software (get the resource ID from the (i) menu in the library) and call Customer Service if you find a discrepancy.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 320
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 3:31 PM

Thanks Doc. I think  you are correct, I know I have some Journals in an old format in the Library, and a newer version from Logos. I will ask faithlife on this, as I know I had most of that Commentary before I upgraded to a new Base Package in Logos 6, which had a complete offering on that Commentary/

Posts 2775
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 28 2015 8:50 PM

Sometimes, when something disappears from the library that you think should be there, it is worth the trouble to check your hidden resources. On occasion, I found something in there that I don't know how got there, meaning I accidentally dragged it there.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 616
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 29 2015 1:34 PM

I'm not trying to hijack this thread but I can't even get the bookstore section to appear in my passage guide. It appears in the default PG but it doesn't show as an option in My PG.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS