Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:17 AM

I decided to sign up for Logos Now because some of the datasets coming out were very interesting to me as well as the new app website. Bob has also said he'll do right by Now subscribers when Logos 7 upgrade time comes around, so it seems worth it.

Now, when I went to the product page and noticed something peculiar: some of the datasets that claim they are Logos Now exclusive aren't. For instance, I've been using the Psalms and Proverbs for a while. So, it's nice that Logos Now subscribers have access to these data sets, but I think it's misleading to say that they're exclusive to Logos Now.

When I signed up, the datasets that downloaded to my desktop were: Septuagint Manuscript Explorer, Names of God, New Testament Manuscript Explorer, Commandments of the Law, Confessional Documents Cross-References, Systematic Theology Cross-References, New Testament Use of the Old Testament, and Synopsis of Samuel, Kings and Chronicles. That's 9 new datasets, but the website shows 30 resources as Now exclusive.

Am I misunderstanding something? Is it right to call all of those resources Exclusive to Logos Now?

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:41 AM

The Psalms and Peoverbs Explorer is as part of Logos 6. The datasets, however, are exclusive to Now. Take a look at difference in this video:

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/psalms-explorer-search

Posts 24669
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:43 AM

William Gabriel:
some of the datasets that claim they are Logos Now exclusive aren't

I think they actually are but I can see why you thought differently.

William Gabriel:
For instance, I've been using the Psalms and Proverbs for a while

I think that you have been using the Interactives and the datasets are different - see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/114048.aspx for some context

William Gabriel:
When I signed up, the datasets that downloaded to my desktop were: Septuagint Manuscript Explorer, Names of God, New Testament Manuscript Explorer, Commandments of the Law, Confessional Documents Cross-References, Systematic Theology Cross-References, New Testament Use of the Old Testament, and Synopsis of Samuel, Kings and Chronicles. That's 9 new datasets

These are not all datasets as per the website

• Septuagint Manuscript Explorer, Names of God, NT Manuscript Explorer, Commandments of the Law and Synopsis of Samuel, Kings & Chronicles are Interactives
  • Confessional Documents X-ref, Systematic Theology X-Ref NT Use of the OT (not shown on the site) are datasets 

And these are all exclusive to Logos Now.

Are there Logos Now resources that you see on that page that you don't think you have access to?

Posts 1080
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 6:37 AM

Jacob and Graham, thanks for the clarifications. That all makes sense now, and I'm glad for the help because I probably would have missed out on features that are new that I would have thought I already had.

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 7:57 AM

William Gabriel:

Jacob and Graham, thanks for the clarifications. That all makes sense now, and I'm glad for the help because I probably would have missed out on features that are new that I would have thought I already had.

Yes

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2015 8:03 AM

Graham Criddle:

I think that you have been using the Interactives and the datasets are different - see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/114048.aspx for some context

These are not all datasets as per the website

• Septuagint Manuscript Explorer, Names of God, NT Manuscript Explorer, Commandments of the Law and Synopsis of Samuel, Kings & Chronicles are Interactives
  • Confessional Documents X-ref, Systematic Theology X-Ref NT Use of the OT (not shown on the site) are datasets 

And these are all exclusive to Logos Now.

Thanks for the helpful info.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS