Surface Pro 4 m3 and Logos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 99
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2015 12:29 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have the m3 processor version of the surface Pro 4 running Logos 6?

I'm thinking about getting a SP4 and I like the idea of the m3 being given fanless for use when at bible study groups,  or in service etc. But my worry is whether it is powerful enough to run Logos 6 well. It would probably be the 4gb ram version.

I would also want to run ami duos to run the android app for occasions when I need to use the Logos app rather than desktop Logos. It should work fine, as I used to use it on my old SP1 and it worked fine.

I appreciate any advice anyone can  give, as I don't want to make an expensive  mistake in ending up with the wrong Surface pro that isn't of use for Logos 6.

Thanks

Blessings

Duncan

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2015 12:35 PM

I would think that if you keep your startup items list small, Logos should run fine though startup times might be longer.

I have a Core i5.

My suggestion would be to buy it from the Microsoft Store, and as long as you handle it properly, they have a 30 day return policy.

This video seems to explain the differences a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJCL3nFfoMs 

Posts 45
Brian Crawford | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 1 2015 6:29 PM

Hi Duncan,

I've had the m3 Surface for a month and use Logos on it every day for research. You won't be disappointed. I have a desktop Haswell i7 that is overclocked, and I cannot notice any difference in the speed between the desktop and the m3. It handles everything I need with Logos with ease. I have also not run into any problems with the 4gb of RAM. I usually have two dozen resources open in my layout, and the Commit Size goes beyond the 4GB of RAM. That means it's using the SSD for a swap file. Do I notice any speed difference when I'm running with a 6GB Commit Size? Nope. I've stopped worrying about it. Hope that helps.

Brian

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 7:38 AM

One of the items I got for Black Friday was a 128 gb microsd card to put in my surface. I plan on moving OneDrive, Pictures and Videos to it to keep as much of the SSD free as possible.

Brian Crawford:

Hi Duncan,

I've had the m3 Surface for a month and use Logos on it every day for research. You won't be disappointed. I have a desktop Haswell i7 that is overclocked, and I cannot notice any difference in the speed between the desktop and the m3. It handles everything I need with Logos with ease. I have also not run into any problems with the 4gb of RAM. I usually have two dozen resources open in my layout, and the Commit Size goes beyond the 4GB of RAM. That means it's using the SSD for a swap file. Do I notice any speed difference when I'm running with a 6GB Commit Size? Nope. I've stopped worrying about it. Hope that helps.

Brian

Posts 99
Duncan Campbell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2015 2:10 PM

Thanks for all the advice, that's really helpful. .

Blessings

Duncan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS