Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 18 2010 9:56 AM

I have a nice workspace with several Bibles, and Commentaries available via the Parallel Resources button in each window or tile.

But my problem is that when I run a Passage Guide and it lists, for example, all my Commentaries - if I click on a link to one of the Commentaries that is already available (& open) in a tile - Logos 3 still opens another instance of that Commentary.

Is there a way to make it so that if I have a resource open already, and I click on a link to that open resource in a Passage Guide or Exegetical Guide, that Logos 3 will use the open resource - instead of opening another instance of it?     

I hope I'm being clear enough - and that someone can help.  Thanks.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 18 2010 11:20 AM

No one knows.  Really?

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:58 PM

Logos - Could someone please help me with this Logos 3 issue?  (in my post above) 

Does anyone know how to do this? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:05 AM

I don't think you can do what you desire, however, the window that opens with the commentary will continue to be used for each subsequent commentary you click on in the passage guide, this will reduce the number of window opening if you leave it open.

Posts 769
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:08 AM

Correction, the passage guide has a link button. Set the link to "Set A" and then set the commentary to "Set A" and they will work in unison.

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:27 AM

Stein Dahl:
Is there a way to make it so that if I have a resource open already, and I click on a link to that open resource in a Passage Guide or Exegetical Guide, that Logos 3 will use the open resource - instead of opening another instance of it? 

I tried making the resource a Reference Target (bulls-eye icon) and linking them. Neither worked. It looks like PG is stubbornly committed to its way!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS