Resources Close With "Show home page at startup" Checked

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:49 AM

I don't know if this has been reported, and I'm not even certain this is the problem, but I strongly suspect it.

Many time I have opened and closed Logos 4 and it maintained the resources I had opened, from session to session. Recently I decided that I wanted to check my reading plan each startup, so I clicked "Show home page at startup", something I had not previously checked.  The next time I opened Logos 4, all of my resources (painstakenly opened and sorted) were closed!

I opened a few, and resumed my work.  I closed Logos 4 (this is Rev 13a) then reopened it a short time later to the Home Screen.  My resources were again closed.

This is annoying if it is a bug, but much worse if it is a feature.

Regards,

Steve

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:24 AM

Steve

Once you set up your resources the way you like them, create a layout to save that setup. Do you need instruction?

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 6:27 AM

Jack,

Thanks for the reply.  I took a look at the Layouts dropdown, but I don't see how to save a Layout.  If you can enlighten me, I would appreciate it (remember, I am using the Mac version).

Regards, Steve

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:30 AM

Steve,

Once you have your screen setup like you want it, click on the layout drop down.  You should see the following screen

Then click on the pencil in the lower right hand corner.  You'll then get this screen

In the blank box give your layout a name and enter.  Once  you enter you will see your layout saved under the name you typed in the left hand screen.  See below

I typed in Test layout.  This way you will be able to pull up your previous layout.  I believe that if you keep "show home page at startup" checked you will lose what ever you were working on, unless you save the layout.  I am not sure if this is an alpha setting or not. 

Hope this helps.

Mark

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2010 7:44 AM

Mark,

Thank you!  I never noticed the pencil before ;-)

Steve

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 9:21 PM

Steve Brannon:
This is annoying if it is a bug, but much worse if it is a feature.

This is a feature. It works the same way in Windows. 

You have 2 options:

1) Save your layouts that you want to keep (or just reload them from the history) under the layouts menu and keep "Show home page at startup" checked.

2) Uncheck "Show home page at startup" and periodically, when you want to check a reading plan, hit the "Home" icon to bring up the home page. Then click it again to dismiss the home page and go back to your previous layout.

By the way, whenever you close the application, your last layout is saved in to the layouts menu for easy retrieval.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS