Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6
Allan P. Brown | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:08 AM

Hello,

I am running Logos 4 on Windows 7 professional, 32 bit version.  I have had no problems until the most recent update and keep getting the following message, even after I rebooted my computer and tried 3 different times.

The message says,  "Logos Bible Software 4 Indexer has stopped working."

I then have 2 options:  1) check online for a solution and close the program;  and 2) close the program.

Anyone have any suggestions how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Allan Brown

Posts 3750
True North | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:11 AM

Hey Allan, welcome to the club of frustrated users after the most recent update. Index crashes all the time. Logos is appraised of this and I fairly confident they're working on it. check out some of the blogs and other forums regarding this issue.

Posts 6
Allan P. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply.  It  is comforting to know I am not alone.

Allan Brown

Posts 200
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:32 PM

I am right there with you Allan.

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 12:34 PM

Allan P. Brown:
Anyone have any suggestions how to solve the problem?

Enter rebuild index in the command bar in Logos 4 to rebuild the index from scratch (instead of merging).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1
Randy See | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 7:39 AM

Todd's suggestion worked for me--but it took a couple of hours instead of a few minutes. (Tradeoffs...)

Posts 5
Timothy Zila | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2010 7:49 AM

I have the same problem. Logos has also started crashing every time I search for anything after downloading the latest update.

Posts 3
Dean Feldpausch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:18 AM

Great idea, but if the indexer won't run, how are you going to rebuild the indexes?

Posts 421
Scott S | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:09 AM

Have you tried deleting the LibraryIndex folder?

See Logos instructions in this thread http://community.logos.com/forums/t/12289.aspx?PageIndex=1

Posts 6
Allan P. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 3 2010 1:01 PM

I finally got the indexer to work again.  I check the suggested fixes on the support forum and one of them suggested that my anti-virus software might need to be disabled.  I am connected to a Bible College server and am part of a network that already has virus protection.  I had double virus protection by usuing the free AVG software.  I took the AVG free software virus protection off my desktop and the logos bible software 4 indexer has worked fine ever since. 

I think the problem was with double virus software.  I have the free AVG virus protection on my home laptop and have had no conflicts with the Logos Bible Software 4 indexing on my laptop while the AVG antivirus was running.

Thanks, everyone, for you suggested help.

Allan Brown

Posts 10
Donna Cole | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 4:51 PM

After the need to totally re-install, I also was having this problem. I tried everything as previously posted (rebuild index, delete Index directory/files etc) to no avail. In my case, as part of the crash, I had a file that Win 7 created called "Windows.old".  I'm thankful for it because it saved so much ...at the same time, within this was also my Logos installation..and the size was huge.  So, I backed up the folder to another drive and deleted it.

Not sure whether it was a matter of not enough disk space OR that Logos was also in this folder..but I am now indexing as we speak.

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 10:02 PM

Donna Cole:
Not sure whether it was a matter of not enough disk space OR that Logos was also in this folder..but I am now indexing as we speak.

I don't think it was the old Logos! Let us know how it finishes.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27856
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 10:05 PM

DeanFeldpausch:

Great idea, but if the indexer won't run, how are you going to rebuild the indexes?

Dean, is this resolved now?

If you delete the index folder and start L4 it should run the Indexer.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Dean Feldpausch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 7:42 AM

As of now, the indexer will not run at all.  I have tried most of the "tricks" in the support/forum page.  No luck.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 9:00 AM

Dean Feldpausch:

As of now, the indexer will not run at all.  I have tried most of the "tricks" in the support/forum page.  No luck.

Hi Dean ~  I recommend calling Customer Support at 800-875-6467 so they can troubleshoot the problem by phone or remote assist.

Posts 736
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:10 AM

Remote Assist? Didn't know that existed... how's it work?

Melissa Snyder:

Dean Feldpausch:

Hi Dean ~  I recommend calling Customer Support at 800-875-6467 so they can troubleshoot the problem by phone or remote assist.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 10:49 AM

Frank Sauer:

Remote Assist? Didn't know that existed... how's it work?

Hi Frank ~  If a call to Customer Support needs to be escalated to level 2 technical support, a technician can securely remote connect to a customer's computer so they can work on it directly. The customer has to be at their computer to allow access and is able to see what the technician is doing.

Posts 736
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:17 PM

I figured as much from my IT days, I should have been more detailed in my question. Is this via 3rd party remote access (IE: The Operating System or another program) or is this built in to Logos 4?

Melissa Snyder:

Hi Frank ~  If a call to Customer Support needs to be escalated to level 2 technical support, a technician can securely remote connect to a customer's computer so they can work on it directly. The customer has to be at their computer to allow access and is able to see what the technician is doing.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 30 2011 9:00 AM

Frank Sauer:
figured as much from my IT days, I should have been more detailed in my question. Is this via 3rd party remote access (IE: The Operating System or another program) or is this built in to Logos 4?

We use a 3rd party product from NTRglobal.

Posts 3
R. Michel Lankford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 16 2011 7:52 AM

Yes, beloved of God. I too had similar problems and have been hearing complaints about the latest update all over the web. Some are saying that the problem was caused when the program tries to reindex the Holman Christian standard Bible. Some suggest re-indexing the whole thing from scratch forcing the computer to think that the software has never indexed before:

Close Logos 4

Press Cntrl while you double-click to Re-start Logos 4.

1. Type rebuild index in the in the Logos Command box and press Enter.

2. Close Logos 4.

(Note: It is important that you do not use Logos 4 while it is re-indexing).

I hope that Helps

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS