This post has 16 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2015 5:58 AM

Here's my log . .

7384.Logos.log

Posts 25895
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 6:28 AM

When you say hanging - what were you doing / what happened?

Please provide some more details / context

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 12:48 PM

Hello again, Graham. We had been chatting in another post about this, but I hadn't heard from anyone so I reposted the log. It happens primarily when I add highlights and notes to resources. But I have since found out that I may have a memory problem on my Macbook Air. So that may be where the problem is. But the fact that the primary problem is in Logos makes me wonder.

Posts 30536
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 12:52 PM

It is best to stick with a thread. If you need to "bump it," do so. What do you mean by "memory problems "?

EDIT: Here is a link to your original thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/119541.aspx 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 12:56 PM

Thanks, Alabama. I hadn't heard from anyone, so re-posted. RE the memory problems, I ran the Apple Hardware Test, and it indicated that it had detected an error. That's all I know, except for a very long string of numbers to identify the error. 

Posts 27922
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 1:09 PM

Larry Burtoft:
But I have since found out that I may have a memory problem on my Macbook Air. So that may be where the problem is. But the fact that the primary problem is in Logos makes me wonder.

That may not be the case. The first thing to do is fix the (known) memory problem and then see if there is still a problem in Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 1:17 PM

That's my plan, Dave. I'll report back after that is completed.

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:33 AM

Dave ~ I had my Mac fixed (memory and logic board issues) and a complete erase & install of El Capitan. Still having the problems of hanging and sluggishness. It's slow to load, especially the current highlights. When adding new yellow highlights and underlines,  it hangs a long time (with the beachball), then finally clears. Also, I am still not able to attach the full zip file from the Logos Logging Utility. Here's what I hope is the correct file:

1817.Logos.log 

Posts 107
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 4:20 PM

I am having the same issues, for a number of days. I use both Mac and Windows, same sluggishness.

My guess would be a change in the latest release (acc to https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6_Release_Notes this was Dec 22) that sounds about right when the problems began with me. I don't think it has anything to do with memory.

Posts 9195
LogosEmployee

Scott Groethe:
My guess would be a change in the latest release (acc to https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6_Release_Notes this was Dec 22) that sounds about right when the problems began with me. I don't think it has anything to do with memory.

If you are a Logos Now subscriber with thousands of passage lists, you may be affected by the new Passage Lists visual filter.

As per the release notes (https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_6.8) you can enter "set Show Passage List Visual Filter to no" to disable it, which may fix the slowdown you're experiencing. More details here (but note that you can ignore the warnings about beta software, since it has shipped to all users): https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118431/785418.aspx#785418 

Posts 107
Scott Groethe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2015 5:41 PM

I just did that, just to be safe. But 30 minutes ago, I installed 6.9 Beta 1 and in 15 minutes of use, did not get the spinning beachball. Glad things are smooth again. Thanks for the tip.

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 7:30 AM

I called Logos Support and he suggested it was because my Solid Color note was so large. I switched to using a Highlighter Pen and no longer having the problem. I'm not really clear on the difference between the two, but glad that it is fixed. 

Posts 25895
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 7:38 AM

Larry Burtoft:
I'm not really clear on the difference between the two, but glad that it is fixed. 

Its not that there is a difference between the two - in principle - but one was very large and the other wasn't.

If you generate a lot of highlights into the "Highlighter Pen" notes file then, eventually, you could get the same problem again.

You might want to consider using "resource specific" notes files for highlighting which gives you one per resource which will end up being smaller. Yo set this at the palette level as shown below

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 10:36 AM

Thanks, Graham. I just set up my Highlighter Pens as you suggested. If I do the same with the Solid Color, is it retroactive? As you can tell, I'm not nearly as savvy as I should be with all things Logos, especially given how long I've had it (way back to early Libronix!)

Posts 27922
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2016 11:35 AM

Larry Burtoft:
is it retroactive?

Unfortunately, no! A Palette default only affects new highlights.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 98
Larry Burtoft | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2016 6:09 AM

Thanks, Dave. Your input is always appreciated. Have a blessed New Year!

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 2:14 PM

Scott Groethe:

I just did that, just to be safe. But 30 minutes ago, I installed 6.9 Beta 1 and in 15 minutes of use, did not get the spinning beachball. Glad things are smooth again. Thanks for the tip.

This issue is a little different than the initial posting and we want to verify we resolved it.  Could you try turning it back on and giving us a sample if you get the beachball again?  To reenable this setting type "set Show Passage List Visual Filter to yes" in the command box.  To get a sample enable logging with the logging utility then please post the logs.  

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS