Working with text Effects - Crash

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 10
Mark Maddux | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2015 10:18 AM

Prior to the latest release, I was already having problems with Proclaim crashing after accessing and working in effects for text.  Since the latest release, this has become much worse.  Almost every time I access effects and make a selection, Proclaim completely crashes.  Fixes?

Posts 140
LogosEmployee
Nick Ericson (Proclaim) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2015 10:21 AM

Hi Mark,

Could you attach your Proclaim logs:

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

and the effect you are trying to apply. A screen shot of Proclaim with the effect you are trying to apply would be really helpful.

Posts 10
Mark Maddux | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 9:36 PM

I have attached the log files.  Next time it crashes on me (which has happened 4 times just this evening), I will attach a screen shot of what happens.  I am using the outer stroke effect.  That's the only one that has caused a crash - but it's also the only one I am really using thus far.

7242.ProclaimError.log

Posts 10
Mark Maddux | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 10:04 PM

Here's a screenshot of my latest crash.

Posts 767
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 8:14 AM

Thanks for the info Mark. I'll take a look into this. Could you also grab the other logs? You can use the Help menu in Proclaim to grab them all as a prepackaged zip folder. 

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 294
LogosEmployee
Glenn Gervais (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 8:17 AM

If you use the Help menu to grab the Proclaim logs, it will include all the Proclaim logs in one zip file and will be very helpful

http://support.proclaimonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/203763785-How-do-I-submit-log-files-

This image is from Apple and they store these crash reports in a different location, if you can post those, we can scroll through the entire report, not just the top portion in your image. These are located ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports  

You can open Finder and use the 'Go' menu to 'Go to Folder...'   (or CMD+Shift+G) and paste in ' ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports ' (without the quotes)

Look for files that have Proclaim in the filename, CMD+Click the file with Proclaim in the name and right click to Compress. Please post that zip file as well.

Thanks

Glenn

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS