Highlighting "found" text

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 12 2015 10:40 AM

In working through a passage, I like to highlight words in a particular color- red for sin, blue for free, whatever. I can do a search just on that passage for each of the words in turn to see where it's used. It would be helpful, if, once found, I could "highlight" all those words "highlighted" by the search. I expect this question is already answered, but I can't find it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts 22114
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2015 11:05 AM

Hi Nelson

Nelson R. Pardee:
I can do a search just on that passage for each of the words in turn to see where it's used. It would be helpful, if, once found, I could "highlight" all those words "highlighted" by the search

You need to set up a Visual Filter based on your search

In the example below I have run a search for "sin" in a Bible

Clicking on the control icon (top left) gives me the option to "Save as Visual Filter"

which gives me:

I can rename the Visual Filter by clicking where it says "Untitled Visual ..." and I will call it "highlighting sin" and I can choose how I want the search term to be highlighted by clicking on the dropdown on the right

I will choose "red foreground"

Then going back to the NIV - and going to the search result - you can see that it is highlighted

The orange background is there as the original search window is still open - once you close that you are just left with the red highlight.

Hope this gets you started, please post back with any further questions.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS