Read Books in an eReader (Kobo H20)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27
Rick Abshier | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 14 2015 4:43 AM

I see that there is a way to send books to a Kindle.  I have a Kobo H20 which can read EPUB, EPUB3, PDF, and MOBI files. I would love to be able to read some of my Logos books on this device.  But, as far as I can tell, that is not possible?  Thanks, Rick

Posts 29811
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2015 4:54 AM

Rick Abshier:
I see that there is a way to send books to a Kindle.

The "send to kindle" feature depends upon a feature that Amazon created for emailing "documents" to a particular device. Each kindle has an email address, so FL emails a specially formatted copy of the book (in a kindle 'document' format) to the email address you place on your account.

Rick Abshier:
I would love to be able to read some of my Logos books on this device.  But, as far as I can tell, that is not possible?

Faithlife doesnt have a method for doing so, nor do I believe Sony has a similar feature. 

Prior to the "send to kindle" feature, users were able to do the same thing, albeit with more steps, by using the "print/export" feature. If you understand how your device works, you might be able to cobble something together. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1281
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2015 8:53 AM

There is a way to do this with the send to kindle feature. You also will need an ebook conversion app called calibre though. 

1. Send your book to kindle

2. Download your new AZW file from the Amazon cloud. This may require you to have the free Amazon cloud app (it did for me if I remember right)

3. Convert the AZW file in Calibre to the format of your preferred ereader device/app

4. Add the new converted file to your device/app

hope that helps! I use the Marvin app for my iPad mini and I love it! Way more freedom to customize any aspect than any other app!

Posts 27
Rick Abshier | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 4:22 AM

Good idea!  I do have a Kindle account because I used to have a Kindle and also have Calibre.  I'll give that a try - thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS