Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 16 2015 6:39 AM

I am just curious if there may be a problem with the Concordance tool on my Mac, or perhaps this is typical behavior for a machine of my machines age (Mid-2010 MacBook Pro with SSD). I am seeing at least a 10-15 minute wait to run the Concordance Tool on "ESV: Lemma in Psalm 30."

Is this normal?

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 25125
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 6:47 AM

Is this the first time you have used the Concordance for the ESV?

The first time a resource is used a cache is built which can take a long time, subsequent usage is much quicker

Only the 10 most recently used resources are cached 

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2015 7:06 AM

Graham Criddle:

Is this the first time you have used the Concordance for the ESV?

The first time a resource is used a cache is built which can take a long time, subsequent usage is much quicker

Only the 10 most recently used resources are cached 

Ahh... that makes sense. I tried it first with BHS and it was taking an eternity, so I switched to the ESV and it also seemed to take forever. I just assumed it would always take that long.

I wonder if Logos has ever thought about including a notification that it is building a cache. I can see a lot of users giving up on the Concordance tool prematurely.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS