Is there a way to stop automatic updating after downloading updates?

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 58
Don Randolph | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 8:54 PM

When I said not a single solution I didn't mean a single solution to solve the problem, I meant no solutions were suggested at all. Which is fine because I didn't post here for a solution.  I posted here for a "suggestion" to product development.  The problem is that I left the "notify me of posts" checked in hopes PD would reply.  Bradley did. That was all I wanted and I got it.  I am now turning off the notifications for this thread as I have received what I came for. If my use of "glorifying" bothers you, simply read it "you give the forums too much credit" which, although used far too much, was my meaning. 

Had Logos simply listed an email address for suggestions rather than having to make a thread, none of this would have happened. As much as the software has helped, I can honestly say I wish I had spent my money on books.

"If you cry out for insight and understanding and if you search for it as hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God." - Proverbs 2:3-5

Posts 1260
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2015 9:32 PM

Don Randolph:

If you will read the responses here, you will note that all they say is "It shouldn't do that" "You don't need to do this", etc., but not a single solution.  (Bradley excepted)  

Don, Seems to me there are SEVERAL people trying to help you. Maybe I'm just confused. Remember, this is a virtual environment, and patience is indeed a virtue here! I believe you would have gotten more in the area of "solutions" if you had not said "Ive reinstalled...I got this." That will typically indicate to the forum experts that you are not looking for solutions. Smile

Don Randolph:

As a regular on other tech forums, when I am talking with someone I usually know their level of expertise and respond accordingly. This forum is not an environment where I can do this and that is why I didn't ask for suggestions.  In all fairness, next time I will be more specific of my intent to send a message to PD only.

Trust me, the folks on here who reply are the PROS. It's amazing what they know and that they do for us. And please know (or remember if you have forgotten) that the MVPs here are not Logos employees. They are simply patrolling these forums on their own time because they are servants with a desire to help you and make your Logos experience enjoyable. As such, it's a pretty good idea to polish your posts with kindness and gratitude for the amazing work they do for all of us. Without them, we'd all be up the proverbial creek without a paddle. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS