Tagging people in forum posts

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1433
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 25 2015 3:54 PM

I have seen posts where multiple people from that particular thread are tagged in a reply somehow (where you can click on their name). How is this done, and what is the benefit? Does it just ensure the person gets notified of the thread? Wouldn't they anyway if they have interacted with the thread by replying previously?

Thanks!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 9580
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 5:49 PM

Myke Harbuck:
I have seen posts where multiple people from that particular thread are tagged in a reply somehow (where you can click on their name). How is this done

Each person on the forums has a profile and each post is linked to your name. See yours below. All you have to do is to cut and paste.

Myke Harbuck:
what is the benefit?

This allows forum users to see which person is being addressed.

Myke Harbuck:
Does it just ensure the person gets notified of the thread?

No. It doesn't work like Facebook. The only way a person is able to be notified of a thread is to choose so themselves (see below)

Myke Harbuck:
Wouldn't they anyway if they have interacted with the thread by replying previously?

Yes they would know if they checked backed later.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1433
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 5:58 PM

Thanks Bruce. Always learn something new when I read your posts. 😀

Myke Harbuck

Posts 9580
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:05 PM

Myke Harbuck:

Thanks Bruce. Always learn something new when I read your posts. 😀

You are welcome Myke. Glad to be of some help when I can.

By the way, you will notice that what you typed at the end of your sentence didn't turn out correctly.

If it was a smiley face or something like that you need to use the symbol at the top of the Description box when you reply. Smile

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1433
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 6:22 PM

Yes

Myke Harbuck

Posts 993
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 7:00 PM

Myke Harbuck:
I have seen posts where multiple people from that particular thread are tagged in a reply somehow (where you can click on their name). How is this done, and what is the benefit?

Personally, I find it annoying, irritating, and totally unnecessary with no benefit whatsoever. Super Angry

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2015 8:00 PM

David Carter:

Personally, I find it annoying, irritating, and totally unnecessary with no benefit whatsoever.

I find myself agreeing. (Not to the point of anger though; it doesn't irritate me that much Stick out tongue)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS