6.9 beta 1: Visual Copy Send to Powerpoint partially broken

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12955
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2015 4:59 AM

If I choose "Send to Powerpoint" from Visual Copy, and Powerpoint is not already open, then I get the following result. If Powerpoint is open, everything works as expected.

Posts 950
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2015 8:15 AM

Mine functions as expected, kind of. Mine will import, but not at full screen. Not sure why that is. 

I'm on Mac OS 10.11 with Office 2016. 

PS: Mark, could you take a look at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/100269.aspx and answer a question posed at 11:30ish yesterday about the Biblical People Diagram markers. Me and the user posing the question could use some wisdom from a pro. Thanks! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Posts 21366
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2015 8:47 AM

Mark Barnes:
If I choose "Send to Powerpoint" from Visual Copy, and Powerpoint is not already open, then I get the following result

Hi Mark

I can't reproduce with on Windows 10 and Office 2016. What are you running?

What are you copying - or does this happen on everything?

Posts 12955
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2015 1:33 PM

Graham Criddle:

The same setup. It seems to happen with all Visual Copy slides.

Posts 9640
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2015 2:02 AM

Mark Barnes:
If I choose "Send to Powerpoint" from Visual Copy, and Powerpoint is not already open, then I get the following result.

Can't replicate on Win 7 32bit with Powerpoint 2007 SP3 - so it seems at least we with the old systems are safe for now... 

Running Verbum 7 and Logos 8 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2016 1:52 PM

Graham Criddle:

Mark Barnes:
If I choose "Send to Powerpoint" from Visual Copy, and Powerpoint is not already open, then I get the following result

Hi Mark

Unfortunately I also can't reproduce this, with Windows 10 and Office 365 (2013). Mark, can you think of any other information that might help us reproduce this? If not, I can ask around the office and see if it's reproducing for anyone else as-is.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 12955
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2016 6:49 AM

Dylan Rondeau:
Unfortunately I also can't reproduce this, with Windows 10 and Office 365 (2013). Mark, can you think of any other information that might help us reproduce this? If not, I can ask around the office and see if it's reproducing for anyone else as-is.

I can't think of anything special about my setup that might cause this. I've checked both the Logos logs and Windows Event viewer, and nothing seems untoward. It's not a big deal, as if I remember to open Powerpoint first, it does work.

Posts 29
John Bengtson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 10 2017 9:03 AM

This happens to me as well.  Windows 10, Office 2013 (local copy), Logos 7.4, and unless I start Powerpoint before doing the "Send to", I get a big grey oval in Powerpoint.  If I start PPT first, everything works perfectly.  Has been happening for a long time (I believe predates Logos v7).

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS