Can't publish collection to Group...why?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2015 6:18 AM

I created a (static) resource collection for the Bloomsbury Bundle since I couldn't find one already done, either on "Logos Product Collections" or "Logos Collections." I am a member of both of these FaithLife groups and wanted to "publish" my collection to one of these so that others could benefit from my hours of work! Strangely, when I hit the publish button, these two groups are not available. I could publish to a number of inappropriate groups, but I can't figure out why these two aren't in the list (and yes, I've carefully scrolled through and triple checked).

P.S. If you're like me and have had LHBOTS in your wishlist for eons and noticed that it NEVER goes on sale, you'll want to grab to Bloomsbury Bundle. LHBOTS is still (as usual) listed for $5k while Bloomsbury, which INCLUDES LHBOTS is marked down from $10k to ~$3k. That's a $7,000 savings! I know it's still a huge chunk of money, but for those who've been watching LHBOTS this is a no brainer deal.

Posts 1433
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2015 7:40 AM

Reuben Helmuth:

I created a (static) resource collection for the Bloomsbury Bundle since I couldn't find one already done, either on "Logos Product Collections" or "Logos Collections." I am a member of both of these FaithLife groups and wanted to "publish" my collection to one of these so that others could benefit from my hours of work! Strangely, when I hit the publish button, these two groups are not available. I could publish to a number of inappropriate groups, but I can't figure out why these two aren't in the list (and yes, I've carefully scrolled through and triple checked).

I am new to this line of questioning, but will give you what I think to be the answer, and then let the pros confirm or deny. 

It seems as though you are attempting to post to groups where the Admin(s) have exclusive rights for publishing documents. I say this because I have some groups where I can publish, and others where I can't publish. The ones that I CAN publish to have the "Upload a Document" link to the far right, like this:

Do you see this link on those two groups? I am also a member and do not see them. 

I am a member of a group that publishes collections from the great Mark Barnes, but when he updates the collections, we members have to wait for the admin to update them and then release the update to us. This is why I think the two groups in question might be the same way. 

Hope this is right...and that it helps. 

Blessings to you!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS